ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsership in order to Recieve Work Visa

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Samanthabehr90
Newly Registered

Sponsership in order to Recieve Work Visa

Post by Samanthabehr90 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi,

I came here recently to spend approximately six months in order to find a sponsor for my next visit here. While inquiring about if companies offer sponsorship I have been turned away because I do not have a work visa. However; in order to receive a work visa I need a sponsor. So there lies my question, how am I supposed to receive a sponsor if they require a work visa - if in order to receive my work visa I need a sponsor?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Sponsership in order to Recieve Work Visa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Samanthabehr90 wrote:Hi,

I came here recently to spend approximately six months in order to find a sponsor for my next visit here. While inquiring about if companies offer sponsorship I have been turned away because I do not have a work visa. However; in order to receive a work visa I need a sponsor. So there lies my question, how am I supposed to receive a sponsor if they require a work visa - if in order to receive my work visa I need a sponsor?
Yes.

Sponsor sponsors the employee, so you need to have some unique skill or ability that no local person can do.

1. You find sponsor

2. Sponsor sponsors you

3. UKVI approves after RLMT

4. You apply for T2 based on approval above

Simples!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Samanthabehr90
Newly Registered

Post by Samanthabehr90 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:45 am

Where and how do I find a sponsor? Can I have my friend be one? Or is it a specific kind of sponsor?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 am

No your friend can't be your sponsor, unless they're registered on this list of approved Home Office sponsors!
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

This is the official guidance for employers
https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... s/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Samanthabehr90
Newly Registered

Post by Samanthabehr90 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:25 pm

I have a friend that is apart of a company that provides sponsorship; however its completely left field to where I have experience in. If I am required to receive a sponsor from a company in my field, why would they not also require it of me to work for them? This is what I'm confused about: I'm supposed to get a sponsor from one company in order to apply for work from all others?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Samanthabehr90 wrote:I have a friend that is apart of a company that provides sponsorship; however its completely left field to where I have experience in. If I am required to receive a sponsor from a company in my field, why would they not also require it of me to work for them? This is what I'm confused about: I'm supposed to get a sponsor from one company in order to apply for work from all others?
No, you are misunderstanding it completely. You need to get a sponsoring employer to get a Tier 2 General visa. You are ONLY permitted to work for the sponsoring employer, you CANNOT work for another employer/company.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:34 pm

No! You' can only be sponsored by a company who will employ you as experienced in your field and only after no other applicant has been found to fill the vacancy in the UK. Forget your friend's company, it's obviously not relevant to your skills.

Edit: Pipped at the post by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jhabak
Newly Registered

Post by jhabak » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Can a sponsor ask employees to pay the Tier 2 visa fee? Is it legal for them to ask an employee to pay the fees for visa?

I was sponsored by my company, they paid for Visa and not after quitting the company after a year, they want me to bear the cost of the visa.

In this case, am I bound legally to pay or the sponsor bound to bear the cost of Tier 2 visa fees?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:22 pm

jhabak wrote:Can a sponsor ask employees to pay the Tier 2 visa fee? Is it legal for them to ask an employee to pay the fees for visa?

I was sponsored by my company, they paid for Visa and not after quitting the company after a year, they want me to bear the cost of the visa.

In this case, am I bound legally to pay or the sponsor bound to bear the cost of Tier 2 visa fees?
You've high jacked another members thread which is unfair and confusing. Please post this in your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)

kebos
Newly Registered

Post by kebos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

so if I am reading all this correctly the sponser SHOULD be the company you are applying for correct?

Isn't that what the OP is asking?

They said they are having trouble finding a job because they have no sponser but you can only get a sponser if you get the job. (Sort of a catch-22 situation like, "you need expeirence to get a job, but you need a job to get expience.") So doesnt that mean the jobs the OP had been applying for are basically saying "I don't want to sponser you to work for me"?

(I know this is an old post but there doesn't seem to be a clear solution here yet.)

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm

kebos wrote:so if I am reading all this correctly the sponser SHOULD be the company you are applying for correct?

Isn't that what the OP is asking?

They said they are having trouble finding a job because they have no sponser but you can only get a sponser if you get the job. (Sort of a catch-22 situation like, "you need expeirence to get a job, but you need a job to get expience.") So doesnt that mean the jobs the OP had been applying for are basically saying "I don't want to sponser you to work for me"?

(I know this is an old post but there doesn't seem to be a clear solution here yet.)
Tier 2 General (unlike the now extinct Tier 1G) is for experienced employees...not for those who want to get experience. Also consider that there can be no other EEA/UK worker who is suitable for the role. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)