ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER-4 VISA Curtailed

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

red23
Newly Registered

TIER-4 VISA Curtailed

Post by red23 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi,
I came to UK under Tier-4 Student Visa in September 2009. I've completed my BSc in 2012 and then took admission into a College ( which is in Legacy now) for Pgd program and got extension in March 2013. After getting my extension, I went to college for enrollment with Bio-metric card, they asked more money from me which I denied as I paid full amount before mission ( mentioned on CAS aswell) and they refused me to enroll. I've tried several times, but the result remain same. At the very next month ( April'13) I started talking with different Universities for Admission and manage to get Offer Letter from them. But by this time I got a letter from UKBA saying that my VISA has been curtailed (no right to appeal) and I have to leave UK within next 21 days. Which was really shocking for me.

I raised an appeal on first Tribunal as per my solicitor advice and got a hearing date on May'14! Now my question is, under this circumstances, Will it be good idea to go back to my country and apply again for new permission OR stay here until tribunal decision? How long normally does it takes to get a decision from Tribunal and what is the chance for me in this case?

thnx

vinny

Re: TIER-4 VISA Curtailed

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 am

Have you changed universities?
What are your grounds for appeal?
After they curtailed your leave, did you have any leave left?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

red23
Newly Registered

Post by red23 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 pm

No, I have completed my Honors (Level-6) from University and then took admission into that college for PGD program (Level-7), even I haven't got the chance to take admission into universities as just after receiving my Offer Letter, I got the curtailment letter from UKBA.

My appeal was based on human rights where I mentioned that I was trying to enroll into the module, which college didn't allowed me to do (asking me more money) and informed UKBA as I haven't enrolled with them. Moreover, I was looking for to take admission into university for MBA program, but due to UKBA sudden decision (visa curtailment) I am unable to complete my studies.

FYI, when I received the curtailment letter, there was only 10 days left for me from letter mentioned 21 days and I've raised my appeal to first tribunal against UKBA's decesion well before deadline.

Philipp.Lahm
Newly Registered

Post by Philipp.Lahm » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:49 am

red23 wrote:Hi,
I came to UK under Tier-4 Student Visa in September 2009. I've completed my BSc in 2012 and then took admission into a College ( which is in Legacy now) for Pgd program and got extension in March 2013. After getting my extension, I went to college for enrollment with Bio-metric card, they asked more money from me which I denied as I paid full amount before mission ( mentioned on CAS aswell) and they refused me to enroll. I've tried several times, but the result remain same. At the very next month ( April'13) I started talking with different Universities for Admission and manage to get Offer Letter from them. But by this time I got a letter from UKBA saying that my VISA has been curtailed (no right to appeal) and I have to leave UK within next 21 days. Which was really shocking for me.

I raised an appeal on first Tribunal as per my solicitor advice and got a hearing date on May'14! Now my question is, under this circumstances, Will it be good idea to go back to my country and apply again for new permission OR stay here until tribunal decision? How long normally does it takes to get a decision from Tribunal and what is the chance for me in this case?

thnx
Can you let me know the exact date when your college refused to enrol you, and the exact date when your curtailment started? There might be grounds for human rights appeal and when you make a fresh application, that can be mentioned.