ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit concern

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ttl
Newly Registered

work permit concern

Post by ttl » Tue May 11, 2004 5:57 pm

Dear all,
I currently have a 18 months work permit, since I am working in a newly established company. However, the annual salary I am actually getting now is lower than the amount that stated in my work permit document. Will that affect my future aim for applying for the PR?
Many thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 13, 2004 12:02 pm

It could be an issue when obtaining an extension/ new WP but will not be for ILR purposes - lets walk first then we can run 8) .

ttl
Newly Registered

Post by ttl » Thu May 13, 2004 12:09 pm

:shock: is there any ways to solve or avoid the problem?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 13, 2004 12:27 pm

Get your salary back to the level quoted on the WP - what is the percentage differential between it and what you are getting and more importantly are both Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions being deducted?

ttl
Newly Registered

Post by ttl » Thu May 13, 2004 2:09 pm

The difference is 5K, cos my work is commission + basic salary, but the income tax and national insurance contribution only based on the basic salary. Does it make any difference? Thanks

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri May 14, 2004 1:23 pm

Commission is a taxable income. Your employer commits a serious offence if he does not report your commission to the revenue and makes the necessary deductions.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>