ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Guidance

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nagvino
Newly Registered

Work Permit Guidance

Post by nagvino » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:19 am

Dear All,

I am new bee to this forum.

I have 5 years experience in IT.I am searching a job in Uk.
I had a communication with umbrella company.They provide a JOB offer letter and COS only.

They charge as follows
Agency Processing Fees 5000 Pounds + 1000 Pounds for visa process + 900 Pounds for other expenses ( including Air Fare charge ).I need 1800 Pounds ( 600 Pounds per month ) for three month until get a job. Totally Around 9000 Pounds.

I can work only 10 months in a year remaining 2 months ( idle like searching job ,vacation etc )
They said that Daily rate for my technology(sys admin ) is 400 * 20 days in a month=8000 pounds per month.
If negotiate with client,i'll get more pay.
But i checked in net daily rate is 200 pounds.
1,Which one is true?

They won't provide any job and help to getting a job in UK.I have to find a job within in 3 Months.
If n't getting a job within 3 months,Beginning of fourth month,they'll cancel my COS.
If i get a job,they will deduct 25% from my salary.

2,Please share your advice about this & cost of living in UK per head for a month.

3,can i work as a part time employee in different filed?

4,share any other good umbrella companies in UK

Thanks,
Mav

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Work Permit Guidance

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:13 am

I think you are getting yourselves into trouble and wasting your hard-earned money. As per Tier 2 guidelines, working through an umbrella company is illegal and you risk loosing your visa at any point of time. Would be better to look for jobs using genuine employers. It may take a bit more time, but it'll be the right option.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 am

nagvino wrote:Dear All,

I am new bee to this forum.

I have 5 years experience in IT.I am searching a job in Uk.
I had a communication with umbrella company.They provide a JOB offer letter and COS only.

They charge as follows
Agency Processing Fees 5000 Pounds + 1000 Pounds for visa process + 900 Pounds for other expenses ( including Air Fare charge ).I need 1800 Pounds ( 600 Pounds per month ) for three month until get a job. Totally Around 9000 Pounds.

I can work only 10 months in a year remaining 2 months ( idle like searching job ,vacation etc )
They said that Daily rate for my technology(sys admin ) is 400 * 20 days in a month=8000 pounds per month.
If negotiate with client,i'll get more pay.
But i checked in net daily rate is 200 pounds.
1,Which one is true?

They won't provide any job and help to getting a job in UK.I have to find a job within in 3 Months.
If n't getting a job within 3 months,Beginning of fourth month,they'll cancel my COS.
If i get a job,they will deduct 25% from my salary.

2,Please share your advice about this & cost of living in UK per head for a month.

3,can i work as a part time employee in different filed?

4,share any other good umbrella companies in UK

Thanks,
Mav
Run, Forrest, run....

This is illegal, you cannot work on T2 via an intermediary.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 am

Only the companies on the list in the link below are current approved Tier 2 sponsors :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

As moonlight55 has said, working for an umbrella company is not permitted on Tier 2 General and any approved sponsor will never charge a fee or take a % cut of your salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nagvino
Newly Registered

Post by nagvino » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks for your reply.
I checked that pdf already.That company name is listed in that file.They are "Tier 2 (A rating) ".

Are they umbrella company ?Please guide me

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:16 pm

nagvino wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I checked that pdf already.That company name is listed in that file.They are "Tier 2 (A rating) ".

Are they umbrella company ?Please guide me
What's the name of the Company?

They are operating illegally, only a matter of time before UKVI catch up and close them down...

They make their money from charging people like you visa and processing fees. In the unlikely scenario you actually find a contract they cream most of that off you too. And at the end of the day you are either cast aside, or if you try to gain ILR, rejected because of the illegality.

dodgy.com....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....