ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dutch Spouse Immigration - Income from Abroad

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bv5489
Newly Registered

Dutch Spouse Immigration - Income from Abroad

Post by bv5489 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi there!

I currently work a total of 6 months a year on shift work in Alaska. This is not in a consecutive period but in generally 2 week, 3 week or 1 month stints then get to go "home" for between 2 weeks to a month. I currently am going "home" to Holland, where I'm living with my Dutch girlfriend, of which we have a registered partnership together. We really want to settle things more because I'm currently coming on a tourist visa as I don't need a residence permit but the issue is that the Netherlands is indeed my place of abode. I stay at work housing in Alaska (I'm a pilot based out of anchorage and get free flight to and from work from Holland) and thus dong have an actual place of legal residence yet other than being registered at my brothers house for legal purposes.

With this complex situation (being away for almost exactly 6 months a year, non consecutive, and having my income from abroad), is it possible that these factors would satisfy the IND income requirement or does it have to be a Dutch sourced income?

I want residency because we really want to integrate our lives more and have already been together for 5 years, and she works here so commuting there works best for both of us.

Kind regards,

Brad