ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eu citizen(indian) married to a german citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

petereliot1
Newly Registered

non eu citizen(indian) married to a german citizen

Post by petereliot1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:21 am

hello everyone,
i am an indian citizen married to a german citizen, we got married 6 moths ago in new york while we both were working in usa for 2 years.,my question
1-can i appy/ qualify for a german citizenship or can i register our marriage to qualify for a german id card?
2- can i atlest get a visa to visit my inlaws there? if yes wht type of visa do i get?
3- can i get a work visa in any eu country? as my spouse wants to be here in europe close to her family.
thank you

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:06 am

Moved from "Other countries" forum --

petereliot1, I suspect you will have better luck in the Europe forum.

One short answer: your wife is a German citizen, therefore you qualify to get a visa based upon being a family member (spouse). Generally speaking, she must be residing in Germany and you will reside with her. Again, generally, Germany is not a country that tends to be flexible about some of these requirements.

Germany has tightened the laws significantly .. you will need to meet language requirements & she will have to demonstrate the ability to support you.

German citizenship is a long process, but if you are serious about it and meet the requirements, you certain CAN obtain citizenship. It's a matter of what you are willing to do to meet the requirements.

Once you are physically relocated legally in the EU and have residence in an EU country, there are a couple of possibilities to obtain work permits. That is a bit complex and goes on a case-by-case basis.

More information is needed to give answers, such as the country you would attempt to get a work permit in.

EU laws & treaties allow for the possibility for spouses to get work in the EU .. but that does not mean it is easy to do so.

the Admin

petereliot1
Newly Registered

hey buddy!

Post by petereliot1 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:48 pm

thanks for the response and the effort u all take , it just feels like light at the end of the tunnel. hope things work out in our favour we are lloking at uk or ireland but ireland seems ireland has all carzy rules, also uk,we havent attempted to get into as yet.
i wont consider getting german citizen it seems a bit out of question but hope i can get visitor visa atleast to visit my inlaws and family of my wife there.
lastly thanks buddy for all your help, hope to keep u guys updated with further news and information!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:57 pm

Where are you living presently? Are you living with your spouse presently?