ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:31 pm

I have read ur post, and i do understand that my case is part 2, bcoz my husband has recently got british passport and on my visa card its showing PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN acc to his previous status, as per my knowledge i can get a visa as a EU Spouse is it true? Do i need to show travelling tickets? Bcoz if in case it get refused i will waste my money, i hv booked hotel under mine, my baby's name and my husband's name as proof that we are travelling together, is this enough or do i need to submit any extra document?
Thanks.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Urgent help regarding visa pls

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:39 pm

my husband has recently got british passport and on my visa card its showing PBS DEPENDANT LEAVE TO REMAIN acc to his previous status, as per my knowledge i can get a visa as a EU Spouse is it true? Do i need to show travelling tickets? Bcoz if in case it get refused i will waste my money, i hv booked hotel under mine, my baby's name and my husband's name as proof that we are travelling together, is this enough or do i need to submit any extra document except visa form, marriage certificate, our passports, proof that we are living together?
Thanks.

Casa

Re: Urgent help regarding visa pls

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Your post is confusing. You say that you have a PBS dependent visa but then mention applying for an EU 'visa' and ask about travelling/entering. Travelling to where? The UK? Another EU state? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Sorry forgot to mention we r travelling to paris :D

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:30 pm

You will need to apply for a Schengen visa before travelling.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 pm

It is not necessary to keep copying and pasting your original question to bump your post/topic. When someone is willing to answer you, they will. Be patient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Thanks for ur reply, can i apply Schengen visa under category of EU Spouse? Or do i need to appy as a tourist visa?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:48 pm

You apply as the spouse of a British citizen.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Is your marriage certificate Apostilled? If not, likely it won't be accepted and you would have to apply for a normal tourist visa and pay the fee (as I had to previously due to marriage cert not being apostilled).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:13 pm

I think it is thats y i hv got a visa after marriage and visa extension as well, so if UK immigration people has accepted it then it should be apostille.

Monajasra
Newly Registered

Post by Monajasra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:52 pm

No its nt apostilled