ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

strontiumdog74

Schengen?

Post by strontiumdog74 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:48 am

Just a quick question,

When my wife (Filipina) has her initial leave to remain visa, if we go to Europe do we still need to get Schengen visa or does the residency visa negate the need for this?

Thanks
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

secret.simon

Re: Schengen?

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:14 am

If your wife has a visa issued under the UK Immigration Rules and not the EEA Regulations, then that visa is purely domestic and yes, she does need a Schengen visa to travel to Schengen countries.

While the UK is a part of the EU, a Schengen visa should be free for her (apart from VFS processing charges) as a spouse of an EEA citizen (outside the UK).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

strontiumdog74

Re: Schengen?

Post by strontiumdog74 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 am

Thank you
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience