ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Schengen visa denied

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alisunny

Spouse Schengen visa denied

Post by alisunny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:41 am

Cork121 wrote:
charmender wrote:Final update

My husbands visa was finally granted.

In the end it was all down to the work of the European Commission. I had a lawyer, I contacted Solvit, I contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I went through the appeals process. But in the end only the European Commission's investigation brought us to this point.

The Consulate was willing to reopen my husbands original application to change the decision however since we also lost the appeal they couldn't do it. It was amazing how much their tune had changed once they got the Commission's letter. Ever so friendly. We did have to provide our documents again and they requested plane reservation tickets showing that we would travel together. They are allowed to request this despite what other people might advise here because they are allowed to ask for evidence showing we will travel together. To be honest you are better off showing as much documents as you can to avoid anything like this even though you do not have to.

I would advise anyone who goes through something like this to please not rely on Solvit. They were an absolute waste of time for me. Also know that you should appeal but the appeals system is a joke, we waited 3 months for them to reply to us and they didn't change the decision. As soon as you can lodge your complaint with the European Commission, Migration and Home Affairs, B2 Visa Policy Unit. Basically if the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, along with the Consulate doesn't give a satisfactory answer about why they denied you your rights, the Commission can take them to court. This can take up to 2 years. However, the possibility of this clearly scares those who made the decision which is why in my case they did what they could to accommodate us.

Unfortunately the only thing is that even though we won in the end we waited a really long time. We applied back in March and now this is August. There really is no way of speeding it up no matter how hard you try. We wanted to give up so many times but I am so glad that we fought for our rights in the end no matter how stressful it was.
Congratulations for the Success . :D

Hello Dear
im British citizen and i want to apply visa for my wife plz could you guide me which document you provide them.?

looking forward

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Schengen visa denied

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:00 am

It is usually more helpful if you post your own topic rather than tagging onto other members topics, which just creates confusion.

What is your wife's nationality?

Where do you plan to go in the Schengen zone? There are some differences in the requirements depending on where you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 am

CR001 wrote:It is usually more helpful if you post your own topic rather than tagging onto other members topics, which just creates confusion.

What is your wife's nationality?

Where do you plan to go in the Schengen zone? There are some differences in the requirements depending on where you apply.
sorry for confusion my wife from Pakistan i was thinking take her Malta.
please can you guide me in right way.

thnx so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alisunny

Post by alisunny » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:49 pm

thnx so much
the link doesn't give much information
i want to apply her visa as a EU FAMILY member

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:06 pm

If you are only going for a holiday, you can't, you are BC for this purpose NOT an EU citizen. She should apply for a Schengen visa.

The only concession you might get is that you don't have to pay the visa application fee, provided your marriage certificate is apostilled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)