ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on a schengen visa with non EU spouse then settle.?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rosiee
Newly Registered

Travel on a schengen visa with non EU spouse then settle.?

Post by Rosiee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Hello everyone, Im looking for some advice I am a british National and My husband is Turkish. I am living with him in Turkey for the past two years and we want to move to the UK but we want to stay together and think the best way is the EU route its very confusing on how to go about it could anyone that has done this offer any advice and also the safest and best country to go to. Can we just get a normal schengen visa then once arrived at the country I carry out my treaty rights or do we have to apply for a specific non Eu spouse visa beforehand which takes longer whats best .? Thanks in advanced

noajthan

Re: Travel on a schengen visa with non EU spouse then settle

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes Schengen visa for Schengen zone country. Or type C visa for non-Schengen country, eg Eire.

Start here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Rosiee
Newly Registered

Post by Rosiee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm

hello Thanks for the reply ive just checked type c visa but thats for visting family and we want to travel together to EU destination and live there to go to the UK.? its all very confusing lol, but im also a bit worried about this route do you think we will have problems when later on applying for the eea visa to London as I am British and they might say to me why didint you apply for spouse visa.? Is there in easier route or option that you can reccomend also do you think that Brexit will interfere thank you.

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Read eu directive 2004/38/ec

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Rosiee wrote:hello Thanks for the reply ive just checked type c visa but thats for visting family and we want to travel together to EU destination and live there to go to the UK.? its all very confusing lol, but im also a bit worried about this route do you think we will have problems when later on applying for the eea visa to London as I am British and they might say to me why didint you apply for spouse visa.? Is there in easier route or option that you can reccomend also do you think that Brexit will interfere thank you.
You have completely misunderstood what type C is. Its enough to get a family member into a non-Schengen country that issues type-C visas.
Have you read and understood the linked doc?

Yes, you may well face problems in light of UK's November 2015 changes to SS route - have you checked up on the new clauses about circumventing UK Immigration Regs?

And noone knows about Brexit impact of any exit plan so no point agonising over that.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.