ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting france with family

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fsa

visiting france with family

Post by fsa » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:09 pm

I am a British citizen as are my daughter and grandson all residing in the UK and we plan to visit France for a birthday for my grandson.

My Husband is a Pakistani national who now resides in Pakistan, we have been married for over 25 years.

Does he apply for a schengen visa at the French embassy in Pakistan under the EU directive ( there appears to only be one form for schengen visa?) - is he able to travel to France alone from Pakistan or would i have to accompany him to travel?

noajthan

Re: visiting france with family

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 am

fsa wrote:I am a British citizen as are my daughter and grandson all residing in the UK and we plan to visit France for a birthday for my grandson.

My Husband is a Pakistani national who now resides in Pakistan, we have been married for over 25 years.

Does he apply for a schengen visa at the French embassy in Pakistan under the EU directive ( there appears to only be one form for schengen visa?) - is he able to travel to France alone from Pakistan or would i have to accompany him to travel?
For a flying visit, a tourist visa (Schengen) may fit the bill.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fsa

Re: visiting france with family

Post by fsa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 pm

we are now in the process of completing the application to Travel to France in March.

On the application form it doesn't state whether it is to 'join spouse' or 'accompany spouse'; do they issue "join Spouse" visas for schengen states as i was planning to travel from UK with our children and meet him in France.