ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year visit visa for mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farrukh

10 year visit visa for mother

Post by farrukh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:23 am

Hi again all!

I would like to apply for 10 year visit visa for my mom who is in Pakistan and I have a British passport. My parents were here last year in June and stayed here for just over a month like 35 days. They have been here every year since 2009 and stays here for about a month every time. The first visa we applied was for 6 months, then 1 year, then 2 years and then 5. My father unfortunately passed away last year. So, I am planning to apply for the visit visa for my mom for 10 years this time. My father was retired and my mom works and that was the reason I think they were granted the visa all this time. My mom is still working. Now, I got few questions:

1-) What are the chances of getting 10 years visit visa for my mom based on the fact that she has been here every year for last 7 / 8 years and stayed here for just about a month each time. And she is still working in Pakistan.

2-) Since my father passed away, is that going to have any implication on the visit visa application (considering the fact that he was retired and was not working when they were granted the visa for 6 months, 2 years and 5 years).

3-) My father’s passport still has visit visa stamped on it which is valid till June this year. Is there any requirement to cancel the visa or anything like that?

Thank you

farrukh

Re: 10 year visit visa for mother

Post by farrukh » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:13 pm

I would really appreciate if any of the moderators could reply to my queries!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:17 pm

farrukh wrote:Hi again all!

I would like to apply for 10 year visit visa for my mom who is in Pakistan and I have a British passport. My parents were here last year in June and stayed here for just over a month like 35 days. They have been here every year since 2009 and stays here for about a month every time. The first visa we applied was for 6 months, then 1 year, then 2 years and then 5. My father unfortunately passed away last year. So, I am planning to apply for the visit visa for my mom for 10 years this time. My father was retired and my mom works and that was the reason I think they were granted the visa all this time. My mom is still working. Now, I got few questions:

1-) What are the chances of getting 10 years visit visa for my mom based on the fact that she has been here every year for last 7 / 8 years and stayed here for just about a month each time. And she is still working in Pakistan. Based on her history, good.

2-) Since my father passed away, is that going to have any implication on the visit visa application (considering the fact that he was retired and was not working when they were granted the visa for 6 months, 2 years and 5 years). Shouldn't have any relevance

3-) My father’s passport still has visit visa stamped on it which is valid till June this year. Is there any requirement to cancel the visa or anything like that? Not required

Thank you
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks alot Casa. Much appreciated

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:20 am

Hi All

Just wanted to update the forum regarding the visit visa for my mom. I applied for 10 years visit visa for my mom on the 13th of April @Karachi. I never received any sponsorship confirmation call and no my mom never received any email/call regarding the interview.

She just received an email yesterday (27 Apr) that passport is ready for collection. Passport collected same day and by the Grace of Allah, 10 years visa granted.

Just wanted to say thank you all for helping me out and please let me know if anyone wants to know any specific details about my application than please let me know and I will try and answer.

Thanks

tier2holder
Newly Registered

Post by tier2holder » Sun May 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi ,

I am in similar situation as you based in peshawar.My dad has recently passed away and I would like to get my mom over here with us in UK .My mom and dad came here every 3 years on a visit visa and would spend few months and then go back again before the 6th month. My mom dos not work.

I would like to know what did you provide as supporting documents?
Did you provide any sponsorship letter ?
Did she mention about you in the family in UK part?

I will really appreciate your help in this regard.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Sun May 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi tier2holder

Me and my mrs sponsored my moms application. Like all married people my mrs got a decent bank balance and I am almost broke :). So we decided to sponsor her application together.

I sent the following paperwork from uk:

- me and my mrs six month bank statements (we went to Natwest bank and asked them to printout the statements and stamp it - which they did)

- We signed the sponsorship form seperately (so we sent two forms altogether).

- Status letter from our work that we both are employed and working full time (original).

- Flat tenancy agreement photocopy (we have a two bed apartment)

- six month pay slips (photocopies)

- Cover letter signed by both of us

And the documents that my mom gave are:

- Six Bank statement (showing that I sent her money regularly, my elder brother sent her money and her salary comes into the account as well)
- A letter from her employer (she works full time).
- Her six months pay slips.
- Cover letter signed by my mother.

These are the only documents that we submitted. I think my mom had a good travel history and the fact that she is employed full time made her application very strong.

With your application, I think you have to show strong proof that your mom will go back to Pakistan after visiting you. Because my mom is working full time, that is the only reason we applied for 10 year visa.

Please feel free to ask anything else regarding the application.