ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month tourist visa for birth

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blaizejones
Newly Registered

6 month tourist visa for birth

Post by blaizejones » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi all I need some help

I am trying to get my boyfriend to the UK to visit me and be present for the birth and early months of our child's life. Ibasically need some guidance on what to write in his invitation letter and What you guys think his likelihood of being accepted it.
Here are the facts:
- We have been together for 19 months. In February we found out we were expecting our first child. We have lived together in his home country of Myanmar since April 2015 - May 2016 (when I then returned to the UK for Health care).
-We jointly rented an apartment together for 1 year where he still lives and which is still under both our names.
-Our baby is Due in October.
-We want him back for 6 months, for him to Meet my family; Be present for our baby; spend Christmas, new year and my birthday with us; accompany myself and our baby back to Myanmar following the end of his Visa
-The reason for the 6 month length is because our baby will need vaccinations and time to get a passport and such.
-He is employed with a company fill-time who are allowing him 6 months leave how ever he MUST return to complete his work contract.
-My father will be his Financial sponsor. (business owner)
-He will live with me and my mother (also 1 brother) in our 4 bed detached house (3 double, 1 single). she owns it outright (no mortgage) but isn't earning at the moment as she is caring for my grandfather. hence why my Father (divorced) is the financial sponsor.
-My boyfriend also provides some financial support for his Grandparents, although there is no proof of this other than word of mouth.
-Our plan is to return to Myanmar and settle there in April 2017 (beginning of the new Burmese school year so easier for me to get an ESL job)

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 6 month tourist visa for birth

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:59 pm

Doubt you have much luck, certainly not for six months. The visit visa is for short frequent visits, 2/3 weeks here and there over the six months. Sound like you'll be using it as a short-term residency visa, which there is no provision for in UK immigration rules.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....