ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visit visa refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shakielarl
Newly Registered

General visit visa refusal

Post by shakielarl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,

My wife recently applied for a general visit visa to the UK from Bangladesh and my brother was her sponsor. Unfortunately the application was refused due to the two main reasons below,

Reason 1
You've stated on your application form that you are married. You do not live with him and he is not travelling with you on this visit. That you've limited familial links to Bangladesh is a factor I've considered.

Reason 2
You state that you are unemployed and supported by family. You state that you've no savings, property or other assets. You've provided a personal bank statement in your name as the only only evidence of your financial circumstances. You've provided a personal bank statement i your name showing a closing balance of BDT 531994(£4396) however the current balance is not commensurate with the BDT 500000 (£4132) of the current balance was deposited on the day the statement was printed. As such I am not minded that the statement is an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances in Bangladesh.

The bank statement we submitted was for a whole month instead of just one day. So we guess, the entry clearance officer made a mistake where he says "the current balance was deposited on the day the statement was printed".

At the end of the refusal letter, the ECO says, "Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84 (1)(c) of the nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Although it does not clearly say that we can make an appeal but from above line I can assume that we've the right to appeal?

My Question
Q1: In this situation, should we make an appeal by withdrawing the reasons the ETC pointed out?
Q2: Or should we go for a administrative review?
Q3: If we go for an appeal, should I go for just paper or a hearing?
Q4: If we go for an appeal, can we do it from the UK and not from Bangladesh?

Please advise what is the best action to be taken in this situation?

Regards,
Shakil

batleykhan

Re: General visit visa refusal

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:20 pm

I think applying for any type of visitors visa when one of the spouse is already settled in the UK is a waste of time and money.Its rarely granted.You would be better off applying for a spouse visa from the onset. She now has a refusal against her name which you will have to declare when you eventually apply for spouse visa.....unfortunately it may have a small detrimental effect on that application

shakielarl
Newly Registered

Post by shakielarl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Many thanks for your advice. My current immigration status would not allow me to bring her as an spouse. So I would definitely have to go for for an appeal. Hope someone would be able to give me some valuable advice.

shakielarl
Newly Registered

Administrative Review for General Visit Visa

Post by shakielarl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi,

My wife recently applied for "general visit visa" to UK from Bangladesh and her application was refused. At the end of the letter the Entry Clearance Officer said, "your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(i)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002".

- Does this mean I've a right to appeal?
- Can I request for an administrative review instead of appeal? Is Administrative Review allowed for General Visit Visa at all?

I would highly appreciate if someone could answer my questions.

Regards,
Shakil

vinny

Re: Administrative Review for General Visit Visa

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kanon
Newly Registered

Post by Kanon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello Mr Shakil,
Could you please tell me what you did at the end?
Thank you.