ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice - best way for 3 month yearly visits

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Advice - best way for 3 month yearly visits

Post by returntotheuk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I am British guy who has been married to my wife a Khmer lady for over 10 years and we have 3 children who have British passports. Years ago we thought about moving to the UK but in the end we decided it is not really what we wanted so we put it off.

Anyway, now our children are much older we think now is the time to spend a lot more time in the UK so our kids can get familiar with the British culture and my family. We do not plan on moving to the UK, at least any time soon, we have a very comfortable life here :D but we may at some stage in the future.

My question is if we wanted to spend 3 months a year in the UK which visa would be the best to go for? Taken into consideration we may at sometime in the future want to move to the UK. And, how long is my wife allowed to be in the UK? I know visas say 6 months per year for a family visitor but is anyone ever granted visas for that length of stay. I would imagine 3 months will be max we will ever want as we have businesses here to run and can not leave them longer than 3 months.

Thanks for any advice, cheers

vinny

Re: Advice - best way for 3 month yearly visits

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Probably General Visitor visa would be appropriate, if she is not visiting you nor your family there but is travelling together with you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Re: Advice - best way for 3 month yearly visits

Post by returntotheuk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks Vinny, I thought it would be the normal visitor visa but thought it best to ask in case there are other ways to do it that could possibly help us in the future if we ever decided to move back to the UK for some reason.

Thanks again.