ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice please: lost Australian passport with ILR stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kittykat

Advice please: lost Australian passport with ILR stamp

Post by kittykat » Sun May 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi

I live in the UK, and am due to travel in a week for a 3-week holiday in Europe. I have an Australian passport, and it carries my Indefinite Leave to Remain stamp, which was issued in July 2011. Unfortunately it has been lost.

I understand that I can visit the Australian Embassy in either London or Edinburgh and have a new passport issued on the day (http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/PptsWhere.html).

What I can't figure out is whether I need to have my ILR visa replaced in order to take this trip. If so, how do I do it? I have read variously about emergency visas, and returning resident stamps. I have also read that I may have to apply for the whole thing again, which is disastrous.

Also, in the past, I traveled out and back to the UK with a passport that did not contain my previous visa (it was in an old, defunct, passport), and I was allowed through by Border Control at Eurostar.

If anybody knows about this situation I would be very grateful for advice. As usual, I can't find anything helpful on the UKBA website, just a load of broken links.

Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 13, 2012 4:14 pm

New passport, police report and NTL application.
If your passport or a dependant's previous passport or other document has been stolen, you should provide a police report confirming this, together with any UK Border Agency letter telling you or your dependant that you had been given limited or indefinite leave to remain.
Also, relevant to your circumstances:
If you are applying to transfer a stamp confirming indefinite leave to remain, you should provide evidence that you and any dependant included in the application have lived continuously in the UK since being given indefinite leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!