ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise Needed please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vimen0012345
Newly Registered

Advise Needed please

Post by vimen0012345 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:24 pm

hi,

i live with my mother who is a british citizen and have been living with her ever since i was in this country. my only brother who is now married and have 2 kids has his own house but we are all a very close family. Our father passed away in 1998 when we were still in mauritius.

I came in uk on the 28th of september 2001 as a student at the age of 19. I was granted a 2 year student visa from mauritius and came to do a course of Btec national Diploma in mechanical engineering. after the 2 years visa i was granted and extension of 4 years visa and went to university to do a course in Aerospace engineering.
After this course i was granted another 1 Year visa to do another related course in engineering. i then applied for another course in Aircraft maintenance engineering and was granted another 1 Year visa.

In October 2009 my last student visa was expired and i applied for an extension as student but unfortunately due to a problem with the fees my application was invalid and was sent back to me mid january 2010. Also i was told that i needed a minimum of 6 month on my passport so i was unable to resubmit the application and had to renew my passport.

i renewed my passport and got it back in febuary 2010 and decided to apply to the home office directly and go to croydon to renew my visa in person. my appointment was in May 2010 and when i got there, i was told my application is invalid as they can not deal with such an application as my last visa expired more than 6 months ago. i was advised to either return to my country and apply for student visa there or to resubmit an application by post.

As i was at university and i required 98% attendance to get my license i was unable to return to my country straight away and in august i went to mauritius to try to renew my student visa. when i went at the british high commissioner i was being asked for a UCAS letter which i did not have as it was not my first year of studies and the one that i had was dated more than 1 year old. So i was told if i submit the application they would refuse it.

So i was in a bad situation as i had only 2 weeks holiday from university and had to come back and if i miss too many days i will not meet the attendance requirement and will not get my license. I therefore decided to come back as a visitor and came to finish my studies. Which i completed and passed all my exams and got my license.
i did not make any visa application when i was back and was studying.

after my university course i decided tomato and application to regulate my immigration status and on the 15th of november 2013 on the basis of human rights which was refused on the 6th of january 2014 with no rights of appeal. i was asked to leave the country and my solicitor wrote to the home office refusing to leave and asked for an appealable removal decision.

on the 22 of september 2015 when the home office asked, we submitted additional grounds on my human rights application and on the 22 of january 2016 that application was refused with no in country right of appeal. we then made a JR on the 20th of april 2016 asking for an appeal and that was refused on paper. We then made a renewal of the jr to get the right of appeal and that failed also on the 24th of october 2016.

is there any way to challenge the judge decision, can anyone help please.

vinny

Re: Advise Needed please

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:38 pm

vimen0012345 wrote:In October 2009 my last student visa was expired and i applied for an extension as student but unfortunately due to a problem with the fees my application was invalid and was sent back to me mid january 2010. Also i was told that i needed a minimum of 6 month on my passport so i was unable to resubmit the application and had to renew my passport.

i renewed my passport and got it back in febuary 2010 and decided to apply to the home office directly and go to croydon to renew my visa in person. my appointment was in May 2010 and when i got there, i was told my application is invalid as they can not deal with such an application as my last visa expired more than 6 months ago. i was advised to either return to my country and apply for student visa there or to resubmit an application by post.
It seems that your problems started from your failure to pay, or their failure to collect, the application fees.

What was the nature of the payment problem?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vimen0012345
Newly Registered

Re: Advise Needed please

Post by vimen0012345 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:18 am

The problem started on the fee problem. But when I noticed that I phoned up the home office and asked to pay the fees by debit card on the phone. The lady I spoke to said I can't do that and I needed to wait for the home office to contact me but they never contacted me back and just returned my whole application back in January 2010