ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AIT BOC & 7 years children concession

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

belacanlad
Newly Registered

AIT BOC & 7 years children concession

Post by belacanlad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 am

Hi all
My case with AIT under BOC case. It's been a while and waiting for an answer from the tribunal or HO.
Did apply for ILR under BOC and after 40 months of hoping , praying and drooling over the outcome, HO decides to reject us last october and no appeal, and solicitor advise to join the AIT appeal cases.
My question will be, can i apply the 7 years children concession when i am still waiting for the outcome from the tribunal ?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Hasn't that concession been withdrawn?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Have you got any other nationality?

And was the child born in the U.K.? What is the nationality of your spouse/partner?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:20 am

7 year child concession still Ok and in regular use. Carry on down that route if you can.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 am

Good to know! But I wish I had a penny - no pound - credit crunch - for all who are convinced its gone.
Oh, the drama...!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Prefer a EURO to a penny though - give it a couple of months it will be worth a pound!

The 7 year concession is in effect hidden, the original policy 5/96 still states 10 years. The secondary policy Home Office policy 6.1 is hard to find on the UKBA site as it was more of an internal memo reflecting the ministerial undertaking given in parliment to move it down to 7 years.

belacanlad
Newly Registered

Post by belacanlad » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Thank you guys fir or the replies.
Ok then, i will go down to this route then if there is no conflict with the tribunal and HO.
Frontier Mole,
do you know which forms should i use and do i need to engage a solicitor on my behalf? try to search about it but no further information that i can gather.
thank you again.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:32 pm

To be honest I do not think there is a form for this concession, I am not sure what format you would submit it under either. Will look it up and get back to you.
You will not need a lawyer, form or not, it is a simple matter of outlining the facts. When you arrived, age of child at arrival, date of birth if born in the UK. The calendar speaks for itself. I would suggest documents that relate to the child are also submitted, doctors registration, jabs and weight monitoring book, birth certificate etc. Then from school years everything from end of year reports to class picture. Swimming or any sport in fact , music, ballet and anything else type of certificates, anything that shows continued residence. Bundle the whole lot – after taking copies of course, and whizz it off to UKBA with a covering letter.

As I said will get back to you if there is a form to complete.

ben_scaro

Re: AIT BOC & 7 years children concession

Post by ben_scaro » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:44 pm

belacanlad wrote:Hi all
My case with AIT under BOC case. It's been a while and waiting for an answer from the tribunal or HO.
Did apply for ILR under BOC and after 40 months of hoping , praying and drooling over the outcome, HO decides to reject us last october and no appeal, and solicitor advise to join the AIT appeal cases.
My question will be, can i apply the 7 years children concession when i am still waiting for the outcome from the tribunal ?

Thanks
If there's no appeal, how come you joined the AIT appeal cases?

(Especially given the actual appeal is an appeal by the HO ?)

My advice has been that there is nothing stopping you putting in a variation adding a ground to your claim while waiting for an outcome from the Tribunal. It won't harm the Tribunal case.

In fact it may even be a good idea, as it gives the HO a convenient way to grant ILR on another ground if they want it , without having to make a 'damned if we do, damned if we don't' decision on their self-created BOC mess.

Most of the limbo BOCs would have another ground for ILR by now, due to having lived in the UK for so long- 10 yr, marriage, civil partnership, etc

Ben

belacanlad
Newly Registered

Post by belacanlad » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi all
Ben_scaro - Thanks, for highlighted it. & yes, you are right, my case are rejected by HO and i cant appeal. According to my solicitor , 'thats a standard letter from HO'. AIT are base on appeal cases, so, am I in the appeal list? yes, according to them, there are 4 lead cases with AIT reference no. and mine are with that group. Do they know WHAT are they doing? I will ask them to clarify.
thanks again

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:45 am

belacanlad wrote:Hi all
Do they know WHAT are they doing? I will ask them to clarify.
thanks again
I'm not at all sure that anyone here knows exactly what they are doing. :) It's a real mess, but it will have to be sorted out sometime.

I will respond with more detail privately.

Cheers, Ben