ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Family visit visa from USA for Indian citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vidsrao

Applying Family visit visa from USA for Indian citizen

Post by vidsrao » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

Hi There,

Currently , mother in law is in SFO and she is an Indian resident and visiting her elder son there. She wish to come to UK after her stay in USA for personnel reason. We have been looking for some concrete answer whether she can apply UK family visit from with in USA .

We have been told by our family friend that his daughter has applied for UK visit visa from with in USA even though she was Indian resident. But we are unsure if she was granted visa for 6 months.

Please can someone help?

Thanks,
Vidhya

batleykhan

Re: Applying Family visit visa from USA for Indian citizen

Post by batleykhan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:56 am

She can not apply from the US. She can only apply from her home country ( i,e India)

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:43 am

batleykhan wrote:She can not apply from the US. She can only apply from her home country ( i,e India)
Dear batleykhan,
Could you please provide any UKBA link to explain why they can't apply UK visa from USA ?

Regards,
Suresh

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am

Actually, if they are legally in the USA, then they may apply for UK visitor visas from there.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:04 am

Hi Vinny,
Thanks for quick response. My in-laws are travelling on visitor visa to USA from india. While going back to india they want to stay for 2 weeks in UK. So i am planning to apply family visitor visa from USA.

They have visitor visa for 10 years(Max stay was 6 months in single trip) to go USA. Could you please confirm, Applying from UK visitor visa from USA for indian citizens are possible ?

For visitor visa they need to submit TB test, But in UKBA does't have any information on approved TB test centers in USA. Kindly help me on this regards,

Thanks,
Suresh

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 am

General and family Visitors do not require TB tests as leave (max stay, single trip) is granted for six months or less.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.