ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum inquiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

asylum inquiry

Post by ijaz75ak » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi my name is Ijaz and today i need to put a query into the board members and experts.plz guide me sincerely.my brother is in the Uk from the last over 8 years.last year he claimed asylum and untill today his case is in waiting.(not decided yet).his asylum was refused and his appeal was also refused.but still he has a chance in his case to be reconsidered.
My question is that if he get married to a partner who is on entrepreneur in the UK.will this be good for my brother and what will be the outcomes of his case in the uk?.will he be required to leave the uk and apply for a visa or he can continue with a chance to switch over his status to new visa in the uk.plz let me know.thanks

Deewani
Canada

Re: asylum inquiry

Post by Deewani » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:05 am

You are saying 2 different things.

1... His case is stil not decided etc
2.... It was refused and appeal refused too.

asimwarraich
Newly Registered

Post by asimwarraich » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Yes, if your brother marries to the partner who is on entrepreneur visa then he ll be able to get a dependent visa of that person who is on entrepreneur visa. If he has already applied for asylum and been refused from first tribunal then he can appeal about it to second tribunal. Tell him to spend some money to find some top notch immigration solicitor and he might be able to help him in winning the appeal. I hope it helps.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:03 pm

asimwarraich wrote:Yes, if your brother marries to the partner who is on entrepreneur visa then he ll be able to get a dependent visa of that person who is on entrepreneur visa. If he has already applied for asylum and been refused from first tribunal then he can appeal about it to second tribunal. Tell him to spend some money to find some top notch immigration solicitor and he might be able to help him in winning the appeal. I hope it helps.
He can't apply for a dependent visa from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Any proposed marriage will have to be a genuine and subsisting marriage;
ref http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... /23703.htm
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Also in order to register the intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office, both parties will have to present an official form of identification, such as a valid passport, residence permit or birth certificate. The Registrar is legally bound to notify the Home Office, who can then extend the notification period from 20 to 70 days in order to interview the couple before the wedding can take place.
Full guidance can be found in noajthan's link.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ruwan86
Newly Registered

Post by ruwan86 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:21 pm

i have a query about my asylum case.

my asylum appeal allowed on 26th august 2015
but i havent got any correspondence regarding that till 1st november
which i rang tribunal services and asked the details. when i was in
reporting centre i asked ukba officer about my case. then they said
they haven't appeal for the tribunal decision and also told me no need
to come to report any more and they are working on finalizing the case.
19th november HO have sent my passport only to my solicitors.

My question is when gonna be i receive a confirmation letter about granting
refugee status and BRP or invitation letter.

some answers, information or advises kindly appreciated.

Thank you

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

ILR inquiry

Post by ijaz75ak » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi its me Ijaz again.hope you all are well.Today i am here with new query.The query is about my friend's wife.She came to the uk in may 2007 as a student dependent.her visa was issued in april 2007.she spent most time as a student dependent.in april 2012 she switched to tier 1 general dependent visa.now her visa is expiring in april 2017.her husband has got his ILR in october 2015 on the basis of 10 years.now my question is that what is the best option for her wife.will she go for the spouse visa of her settled husband now or she should wait for her 10 years and apply for ILR in april 2017.in that case she has shortage of about 26 days in her 10 years.so plz reply me with your great and valuable opinions.thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:36 pm

She should switch to FLR(M) as soon as possible if she meets all the requirements (financial and English). Traveling out of the UK on her current visa is risky because her husband obtained ILR based on long residence.

It really would be better for your 'friends' to register on the site and ask the questions themselves so that they can post all the relevant details and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

First British Passport

Post by ijaz75ak » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 am

Hi its me Ijaz again.hope you all are well.Today i am here with a new query.The query is about my first British passport.In a few days I have to apply for my ist. british passport and i checked the form and found that i have to give informations regarding my grand parents like name,DOB andwedding dates etc.My query is that they are deceased long time ago and if i dont know their DOB and wedding dates,then what option i have to use in my application form.will i have to leave the information empty or there is an alternate solution.plz guide me in a right direction.thanks and regards Ijaz Khan

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 am

Have you naturalised as a British citizen? If so, you don't need to fill in grandparents details, just write "unknown"

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

British Passport

Post by ijaz75ak » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks for your reply,it seems that you are right.I got the same answer from another source as well.thanks Ijaz