ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yescasy12
Newly Registered

Asylum

Post by yescasy12 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:09 am

Dear all,

I am new to this forum and i find it very interesting. I read alot of the posts and its very intriguing and helpful. Now to my question I was a student from 2003 and have been renewing my visas until 2008 when my application was denied due to documents, anyway in 2009 I had a daughter who is at risk of going back home so we applied for asylum which we fought in and out of court until it was granted finally. We recieved our travel documents few months after we where granted stay and it states from August 2012 to March 2017. I would like to know what the next step is from here, can we apply for critizenship now or after march 2017 or do we apply for indefinte leave first? Thanks

peppekalle

Re: Asylum

Post by peppekalle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:59 am

After ILR you can apply for citizenship not before.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Asylum

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm

if you have given 5 years leave next step would be to apply for ilr not citizenship.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>