ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Backdated Personal Allowance Query :

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wam_khan

Backdated Personal Allowance Query :

Post by wam_khan » Sun May 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi,,

Back in 2011-2016, my Mrs earned less than £7000 per annum and she didn't utilise her full tax free allowances worth £11600.

As we both on basic rate tax payers, her un used allowance is transferable to myself that will give us as a household a £220 a year tax relief as per my calculations.

I just need to know if this can be back dated and if they can how many years this may be back dated for ?

secret.simon

Re: Backdated Personal Allowance Query :

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 22, 2016 8:55 pm

What is the immigration query in this?

This is an immigration forum, not a tax forum. We can advise on immigration aspects of benefits, but not on everything to do with taxation.

I would suggest that you search for a suitable tax forum. Also try moneysavingexpert.com's forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

wam_khan

Re: Backdated Personal Allowance Query :

Post by wam_khan » Sun May 22, 2016 9:57 pm

ok