ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Becket House - "Service of Our Decision"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bella08
Newly Registered

Becket House - "Service of Our Decision"

Post by Bella08 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 am

Good morning everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum for years now and I have gained a lot of insight from all of you on here, for that I say thank you for sharing your stories...

I have been waiting for a decision for more than a year now and been signing on at Becket house with no problems, my application was outside the rules. I received a letter last week asking me to go to becket house on the 1st of march 2017 for service of their decision. My lawyer has replied them saying I'm going to attend but I'm scared that if its a refusal I may get detained.

My question now is has anyone received this type of letter or know anyone that has and can kindly tell me what their experience was especially if it was a refusal?

Thank you very much guys....I'm just very nervous!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Becket House - "Service of Our Decision"

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:49 am

Yes, a few members have received this letter and been granted leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am

CR001 wrote:Yes, a few members have received this letter and been granted leave to remain.
Thank you, I appreciate your prompt reply... What if its a refusal, do I get detained immediately or do they give me the refusal documents and allow me time to pack and leave on my own?

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Here's my History
1989- Born in London
1997- left the UK (I was 8 yeas old)
2010-Came back on a student visa
2012- Was granted PostStudyWork
2014- Was granted Tier 2 work permit
2015- Work permit curtailed as employers lost their license
2015- Applied for Private life (Built a network of friends)- was refused..I was asked to apply again if my circumstances had changed
2016- Applied FLR- Unmarried spouse as I have been with my British partner since 2013..I started signing on at becket house just after I applied.
2017- Letter to come to Becket house for service of decision.

This my story, does any one what know what the next steps will be if I get detained? I just don't want to become a prisoner(it will mess with me forever), I will rather just leave on my own if I was given the chance to :(

Ldee
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Ldee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Bella08 wrote:Here's my History
1989- Born in London
1997- left the UK (I was 8 yeas old)
2010-Came back on a student visa
2012- Was granted PostStudyWork
2014- Was granted Tier 2 work permit
2015- Work permit curtailed as employers lost their license
2015- Applied for Private life (Built a network of friends)- was refused..I was asked to apply again if my circumstances had changed
2016- Applied FLR- Unmarried spouse as I have been with my British partner since 2013..I started signing on at becket house just after I applied.
2017- Letter to come to Becket house for service of decision.

This my story, does any one what know what the next steps will be if I get detained? I just don't want to become a prisoner(it will mess with me forever), I will rather just leave on my own if I was given the chance to :(
I would attend the interview if I were you, not attending is a bad thing altogether you are breaching the rules and you don't want to be at loggerheads with the Home office you make the situation even worse. Attend the interview you never know it might be good news for you.If you get detained you have right to appeal and detention it's not like prison sentence.Not all people who got detained are viable for deportation,some were granted ILR after being detained.They can give you a chance to voluntarily leave the country which would be a better option to return in country and reapply within a year,than being deported and given a ten year ban before you can reapply again.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

What was the status of your father and mother in the UK at the time you were born.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Obie wrote:What was the status of your father and mother in the UK at the time you were born.
My dad wasn't resident...It was my mum that was, she was here to study and she left with me as soon as her visa expired...Only mistake was she didn't get my passport when it would have been easier then.
Last edited by Bella08 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:54 pm

Ldee wrote:I would attend the interview if I were you, not attending is a bad thing altogether you are breaching the rules and you don't want to be at loggerheads with the Home office you make the situation even worse. Attend the interview you never know it might be good news for you.If you get detained you have right to appeal and detention it's not like prison sentence.Not all people who got detained are viable for deportation,some were granted ILR after being detained.They can give you a chance to voluntarily leave the country which would be a better option to return in country and reapply within a year,than being deported and given a ten year ban before you can reapply again.
Thank you for your reply/advice...I will really like the opportunity to leave voluntarily and not get detained at all if its a refusal.. I will leave an update if it goes well and if I don't means I've been detained.

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies...I went to the interview today and although I was refused with no right to appeal, I was given the opportunity to leave the country voluntarily within 28 days unless my circumstances have changed which I must let them know about immediately. I was also asked to keep reporting until my 28 days is over.

From what I gathered from the immigration officer that served my decision, he said they wont detain anyone whilst they attend for their decision unless they have committed a criminal activity.

Good luck everyone.

saturn
Newly Registered

Post by saturn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Bella08 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for your replies...I went to the interview today and although I was refused with no right to appeal, I was given the opportunity to leave the country voluntarily within 28 days unless my circumstances have changed which I must let them know about immediately. I was also asked to keep reporting until my 28 days is over.

From what I gathered from the immigration officer that served my decision, he said they wont detain anyone whilst they attend for their decision unless they have committed a criminal activity.

Good luck everyone.
So sorry about the outcome, if you dont mind me asking, when in 2016 did you apply? And havent you got a child(ren) by your british partner?.. thanks

Bella08
Newly Registered

Post by Bella08 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:28 am

saturn wrote:
Bella08 wrote:Hi everyone, thank you for your replies...I went to the interview today and although I was refused with no right to appeal, I was given the opportunity to leave the country voluntarily within 28 days unless my circumstances have changed which I must let them know about immediately. I was also asked to keep reporting until my 28 days is over.

Good luck everyone.
So sorry about the outcome, if you dont mind me asking, when in 2016 did you apply? And havent you got a child(ren) by your british partner?.. thanks
Hi Saturn, thank you very much...I applied in February 2016 and I don't have any children.

saturn
Newly Registered

Post by saturn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:02 am

Bella08 wrote:
saturn wrote:

Good luck everyone.
Hi Saturn, thank you very much...I applied in February 2016 and I don't have any children.
Thanks for your reply, i applied last october , so i have got months ahead, waiting is killing, i would have gladly left if it wasnt for the fact that i have got kids and i can only share my deep sympathy with you really, i hope you find happiness n peace where ever you heading to in life..

Ashar1122
Newly Registered

Post by Ashar1122 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:11 am

I applied flrfp on feb2016 now they send me a letter to attend the interview and receive the decesion from reporting centre.what are the possibilities there.do I need to attend the interview or not.is any chance they can detain me.i came here in 2007 from that time I have continuous stay in uk.please bella08 can you reply me plz