ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bringing orphans to England

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aysan
Newly Registered

bringing orphans to England

Post by Aysan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:29 pm

I've recently been to Morocco for the second time to do volunteering with homeless children. One of these children is a girl whose aged 6, she has severe disabilities and is mostly paralyzed. In the year since I've been, her situation has got worse and shes so poorly looked after in the Orphanage that it breaks my heart. I need to know if there's any way i can get her to England? Or anything at all i can do for her. I would love to adopt her and they said i am allowed to, however i am in no position to as i am a lodger in a house and cannot yet afford my own place. I am a British Citizen and also a full time Primary School teacher. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Amber
Mood:

Re: bringing orphans to England

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Unfortunately the UKVI do not take kindly to those who adopt in order to bring children to the UK.

Perhaps campaigning for a better orphanage in Morocco, as I'm sure there are many other such children.

If you are set on adopting then see https://www.gov.uk/child-adoption/adopt ... m-overseas

There is quite a lot of procedure to go through.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:55 pm

See here:

http://www.hopscotchadoptions.org/pages/morocco.html

The little girl has probably been abandoned by her family rather than orphaned. That could be because the mother was unmarried or her family felt she would get better medical treatment in the orphanage.

Adoptive parents are entitled to paid adoption leave, but it is still difficult financially for most.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 pm