ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Test Study Guide

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:55 pm

I happened to spot this on the internet today. It could be of interest to anyone contemplating applying for Naturalisation to become British :-

John

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:25 am

Thank you very much John as I am planning to apply for Citizenship this year this is going to help me.

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:59 pm

I thought I will be helpful again hehe

right here are two websites with online tests:

http://www.3g4g.co.uk/Stuff/LifeInUk/

http://www.lifeintheuk.org/

I do hope I am not repeating what a member has already posted...

Laters

semion
Newly Registered

Another one with online tests

Post by semion » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:47 pm

Found another one with questions online:

http://www.british-citizenship-test.co.uk

Traon
Newly Registered

Revision for test.

Post by Traon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi there, we also provide my own professional interactive compute software for help in revising for the UK Citizenship Test. If you are interested please check out our web site: http://www.traon.co.uk or email us at: crt@traon.co.uk

This program contains 168 unique never before seen questions, based upon chapters 2, 3, 4 of the Citizenship Revision Book (Which is available from libraries or book stores). It comprises a multiple choice format answering style of 6 questions per page, and a ending results page showing a overall view of your performance.

Regards
Traon Software Industries

Traon
Newly Registered

Revision...

Post by Traon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 pm

:arrow:

amani
Newly Registered

Post by amani » Sat May 27, 2006 7:16 pm

I successfully passed this test couple of days back.
Hopefully would post some tips and Q/A for you all to look for soon.

John

Post by John » Sat May 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Amani, congratulations! When will you apply for naturalisation?
John

coleyking1@yahoo.co.uk
Newly Registered

UK Citizenship test

Post by coleyking1@yahoo.co.uk » Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 am

I had tried the other online UK citizenship practise test, they were ok and then I came across http://www.myuktest.co.uk man that is a good site. :lol:

chowdry
Newly Registered

Citizenship Test - Foreigners V Brits

Post by chowdry » Tue May 30, 2006 5:25 pm

Sitting the test soon, also came across http://www.myuktest.co.uk good web site, also has a lot of useful info.

Freak ... some of the questions are hard.

Did a run around the office and got a good mixture of people trying
it out ... no jokes ... Foreigners V Brits, at the moment the Foreigners are in the lead? Beats me but a good laugh anyway!

Will do a few more tests on the site just before sitting the BIG one ... think I will be ready for anything the Home Office chucks at me then!

Mic

Anastasia

Post by Anastasia » Tue May 30, 2006 6:29 pm

Chowdry, you said this " Foreigners V Brits," 4 times now at 3 dif topics...

…………………..

Anastasia

chowdry
Newly Registered

Post by chowdry » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi Anastasia

Sorry about that ... kinda new to the game, was not sure if my post worked co's of pc problems and then when I logged back in I worked out how to post a new topic on this forum.

All in all ... thanks for your reply to my other post.

Still 3 more people to take the test and then we should have a result.

Does anyone know how many people take the test at a time?

mic

Anastasia

Post by Anastasia » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi you.

I remember when i took the test there were 12 other people.

But It depend's on how many computers the test center has available for people to take the test.

smiles*

Anastasia

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 pm

There were six of us altogether when I did mine last week. It took longer to get registered than it did to write the exam!

herbindasanjay1
Newly Registered

Post by herbindasanjay1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:14 pm

you now i need a pass this uk test. Well I am cheking that I see dis website www.myuktest.co.uk you knowing if some else take the test please give my ansers hxxxxxx
herbindasanjay1

Anastasia

Post by Anastasia » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Haha, i know what you mean about it taking longer to register than to pass the exam.

herbindasanjay1, the test is never the same, they rotate the questions.

My advise would be to just read the chapters they advise in the book. All the answers you will need are in there.

Good luck, looks like you will need it.
……………………..

Anastasia.

gaman

Post by gaman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Please ignore me if this is not relevent here.
Does this forum allow referral links?
Not that I am bothered much but just being careful to links pointing to commercial websites.

Sara London
Newly Registered

I passed my British test yeah!! So glad its over now!!

Post by Sara London » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:09 am

Hello all, :D

Just to let you all know that i passed my test first time, im so pleased u guys have no idea yeahhhh!!! Guys plzz plzz and plzz take all your time when doing ur test ok, no hurry no rush rush ok, bcoz its the matter of £34 pound also reading all over again ok, and i know no one wants that ;) also plzz read chapter 2,3,4 properly! Anyway good luck all of you, :P plzzz i do recommend 1 useful site to you all, my friend recommend it to me, its (URL deleted by Moderator), its very, very,very & very useful, it got 720 questions from them chapters 2,3,4 and have all the information about the test to test centres, plzzz do have a look at it, i bought the CD 3 weeks before i booked my test, it just took me 5 minutes to complete the whole 24 questions, but i was taking my time to go on every single question again and again, i didn't wanted to lose my £34 pound, now i even applied for my citizenship certificate, hopefully it will arrive in 3 or 4 months, finger cross!! :D Guys this (deleted by Moderator) CD is worth the money and the feedback for this site is really useful do read it, its better to be safe then sorry, my sister inlaw does know very little english but she is finding it very useful like me, anyway now im waiting for my citizenship certificate once it arrive i'll apply for my passport and go for a nice long holiday, so best of luck, have a nice day! Hope you all pass the test soon!! Take care everybody. :wink:

Bye Bye :))

John

Post by John » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 am

Sara London, registering again under a different name does not solve the problem ..... this Board allows no advertising. The post under your previous name has already been edited. Any reoccurance of this and you will be banned ... in whatever name you try to use.
John

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:51 am

There is a link in this post to a site that has quite a few quesitons in the style they are in the actual exam, I used this site to help prepare and found a lot of the questions asked were the same. Just to bring it back to the front (or should I say bottom!) here is the link:

http://www.3g4g.co.uk/Stuff/LifeInUk/

and best of all? it's free! You really dont need to spend any more money than what you pay for the studdy guide and the actual exam itself.

Sara London
Newly Registered

EXCUSE ME!!!!

Post by Sara London » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:18 pm

Hello John, Just saw your message what are you taking about me advertising for an ad here????? Excuse me but i thought you can recomend what ever you want to help each other, soooooo many people are telling people to go on different sites, isn that advertising? If you have any problem then plzz do let me know ok......... I thought helping people is a good thing but don't know why you don't like it!!!! Yeah i did pass my test and i am proud of it, people here do care for other, just check other people's posting to see how people are posting ads....... Take care, Bye!!

Sara London
Newly Registered

EXCUSE ME JOHN!!!!

Post by Sara London » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:20 pm

John wrote:Sara London, registering again under a different name does not solve the problem ..... this Board allows no advertising. The post under your previous name has already been edited. Any reoccurance of this and you will be banned ... in whatever name you try to use.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello John, Just saw your message what are you taking about me advertising for an ad here????? Excuse me but i thought you can recomend what ever you want to help each other, soooooo many people are telling people to go on different sites, isn that advertising? If you have any problem then plzz do let me know ok......... I thought helping people is a good thing but don't know why you don't like it!!!! Yeah i did pass my test and i am proud of it, people here do care for other, just check other people's posting to see how people are posting ads....... Take care, Bye!!

Sara London
Newly Registered

ESOL citizenship courses!

Post by Sara London » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Hello everybody, i saw another site where you can get information about the courses of ESOL (citizenship courses) i think its kool do have a look http://www.niace.org.uk/projects/esolci ... me-Eng.htm

take care, byeee....

sanjayshetty
Newly Registered

Citizenship Tests

Post by sanjayshetty » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:59 pm

Guys an Gals,

I passed my Citizenship Test just yesterday ... I used Mxxxxxxx. Believe me GUYS, these websites are just money making business ... All of them are just CRAP .. None of the questions match the actual questions on the website ...

None of the websites have any real contact numbers .. they all use email address for contacting them ... They all accept PAYPAL ... These are just crap ... Ripping money off innocent people ...

Only suggestion to pass the test is - Read thoroughly chapters 2,3 &4. ... And u will defnitely pass it at the FIRST ATTEMPT ...

Add me on MSN if you like to discuss further .. xxxxxxxxxx

John

Post by John » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:17 pm

None of the questions match the actual questions on the website
Do appreciate that there is a "bank" of over 800 questions and the actual questions given to any one candidate will be chosen at random from that bank of questions.

In a large centre you might have 10 or more people taking the test at the same time, and none of them will have any of the same questions as any of the other candidates.

But as you say, there is no substitute for a good study of the relevant chapters in the book.
John