ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card not received

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srin_1981
Newly Registered

BRP Card not received

Post by srin_1981 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello Members

My ILR Approved 16/06/2016, but we have not received BRP card.

I have sent an email to mail address given on the approval letter, but no reply, tried contacting over phone but no use.

We have our travel planned long ago, though we planned well ahead, this BRP delivery put us down, unfortunately our flight ticket can't be reschedule as per travel agency, as we reserved this ticket on some scheme( i really don't understand what scheme is that) net net the only option left for us is, either take risk and travel or just stay in UK until i don't know probably, until next summer holidays. I have paid nearly 3000 pounds for tickets, and 8000 pounds for ILR, so i will not be able afford for some time.

Now i just wanted to know couple of things, it will be great if anyone can share their experience.

We have Indian passport and traveling to India by British airways, straight flight to Chennai.

1. Do we need a BRP card to leave UK airport?

2. Do we need BRP card in Chennai airport?

Because only my family traveling on 13th July, So i am thinking of sending them first, I will travel after i receive BRP card.

Please advice in this regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Card not received

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:37 pm

You only need the BRP cards to RE-ENTER the UK and board your flights in India. BRP card has nothing to do with leaving the UK or arriving in India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Srin_1981,

Have you received your BRP card?
I am on the same boat, made application on the same day as yours and still waiting.
Any suggestion?

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi

No I am still waiting, today is the fifth day for them to reply for email, I haven't received either, I have tried to contact home office, they literally don't bother to proceed anything further.

If have done anything different to getting touch with them, please do update.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:21 pm

They replied to me today saying that they did not get request from HO to generate my BRP. I need to contact Croydon office. Anyhow I called Croydon office last week but they could not see anything about my application and BRP.
I also sent and email on BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but I am 100% sure it is not gona make any difference.
Below is the response I got from BRP delivery team and I am very disappointed. Who was your case worker BTW?? just to double check if we got the same case worker.

""Thank you for your enquiry. We are unable to deal with this type of enquiry as we only deal with Biometric Residence Permits (BRP) once they have been requested; you should redirect the enquiry to the Croydon Contact Centre.

However, we can advise all applications for Leave to Remain are subject to enquiries to ensure that statutory requirements are met. These enquiries can take some time to complete.

At this present time the Croydon Contact Centre is unable to provide progress reports on applications submitted within the last six months. If the application was submitted more than six months ago, please re-direct your enquiry to the Croydon Contact Centre https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

Please do not reply to this email.""

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Hello Member

My case worker is Not the same it's RP.
I can't believe the way it's going, by the I just finished my call with Croydon contact centre, as usual they said they can't do anything over the phone, we have write to Croydon contact centre for to contact Case worker.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:14 pm

I think we have to write letter to our case worker. I don't see any other hope.
Please update me as soon as you have any update and I will do the same.

srahes
Newly Registered

Post by srahes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:52 pm

mossbros wrote:I think we have to write letter to our case worker. I don't see any other hope.
Please update me as soon as you have any update and I will do the same.
Hi,
My son ILR approved on 27.06.2016. BRP not received after 10 days.
Raised request using BRP not arrived link.

Any Idea,
How to contact ILR processing office or case worker. Is it the same number 0300 123 2241
Or do we need to send the letter by post to processing office

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello Members

Regarding this BRP, are we allowed go in person to Croydon centre? I live just around the corner from home office.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:14 pm

May br u can try. Dere is no harm in trying.

srahes
Newly Registered

Post by srahes » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:37 am

srin_1981 wrote:Hi

No I am still waiting, today is the fifth day for them to reply for email, I haven't received either, I have tried to contact home office, they literally don't bother to proceed anything further.

If have done anything different to getting touch with them, please do update.
Hi,
Did you received any reply on 5th day of reporting BRP not arrived.

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:45 am

No

I am still waiting for the reply as well, today is 6th day.

Did you get the mail reply?

Hi mossbro

You mentioned they have replied to you, was it within the time limit it supposed to be?

srahes
Newly Registered

Post by srahes » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:55 am

No, I have not received reply on 2nd day.
Just auto response, someone will reply in 5 working days.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am

No, i got reply on 8th day...

srahes
Newly Registered

Post by srahes » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:25 am

I have called today UKVI number 0300 123 2241 to check if any issue with the request of BRP.
The person said, the process is automatic and once application is approved, it will be requested automatically.
Apart from raising request on BRP not arrived link, no other option than waiting.

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 pm

They have replied me today, not from BRP online enquiry team, but from other team brpotech something, saying that they have some technical issues and they will contact me when the issue resolved.

Today my family is travelling to India, they're in the flight now, I am staying back to receive BRP, my travel secluded on 5th of August, hopefully I should be receiving before that.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi Srin,

Did you send the email on BRPOATECH@......... I provided??
I never received anything from them... strange

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:42 pm

No, I did not send them any email, it should be based on my online inquiry, I have no clue.

zxof
Newly Registered

Post by zxof » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:40 am

Still no BRP for me as well. I reported on home office BRP website thing on 1st July, just received a reply today 14th July, they said it's already delivered on 12 July (on this date my wife received her BRP for dependant extension but not me!)

To summarise:
my ILR approved (16 June 2016) - NO BRP yet
my wife (dependant extension, approval date 29 June 2016) - BRP received 12 July.

So I am quite upset and frustrated at the moment, I can understand mistakes happen but it's very very very difficult to get in touch with them...

srahes
Newly Registered

Post by srahes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 am

Received reply today after filling online form on 11-July
Due to technical issue, we have ordered print for the BRP now. This is likely to print in some days and be out for delivery by third party courier.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Do you have any update on this. I am still waiting.

Kind Regards,
Hitesh

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:39 am

No improvement, they replied to my email yesterday 19th july, which i sent on 8th july, and it's look like copy and past of their previous mail reply, stating that they have technical issue to process my BRP card and they will contact me when the issue is resolved.

My situation is getting worst, as my family already has traveled without BRP card, which may put us in risk re entering UK. I am sure this is not the case for all of you.

Now nothing to do with case worker, delivery team or the contact center over the phone, it's all up to the technical team, there is no way to contact, even we follow complaint process, that will take minimum 20 days for them to reply, and another minimum 20 days for next level, I don't have words to explain their way of response on this fast moving world.

I have even went through the process guidance for alternative or emergency travel documents, it all worst to the core. BRboTech team mail advised me to go for BRP replacement as i mailed them that i have to travel for emergency, but BRP replacement option only for, if the card lost or stolen, and it's guidance clearly says who can apply.

The worst case is, we may even ask to re apply, the situation is going that worst. because the process of issuing BRP is not that easy. As per my understanding, it is automated process, once the case worker approves on the system, it should automatically send and request to BRP issuing company, which is a external agency, that is why when ever we call home office contact center they are helpless, because no one authorized to intervene BRP card issuing process particularly for high level of security reason.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

Reapplying should not be the option here as it is ans expensive affair. What is the guarantee that it will not happen the second time. I am talking with solicitor and lets see what can be done here. It's really frustrating.

mossbros
Newly Registered

Post by mossbros » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Got my BRP yesterday. Got the delivery confirmation from BRP team as well.
So we have hope now, everyone will receive it sooner or later. :)

srin_1981
Newly Registered

Post by srin_1981 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Congrats...

Which came first BRP card or confirmation email?