ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP please please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MumShep
Newly Registered

BRP please please help

Post by MumShep » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of getting a BRP and have chosen the premium service route as I want to leave the country relatively soon.

I am a Canadian citizen who has lived here all my life and never had a passport until last year. All I have in my possession is my passport/home office letter/birth certificate.

For numerous reasons I have never applied for British citizenship and won't be applying until late next year but I really need to travel beforehand.

Will this be enough to have the BRP issued to my on the same day? It's all a bit confusing. If it isn't issued to me on the same day do I have a long wait ahead?

Any help/opinions anyone could give would be highly appreciated.

riz1986

Re: BRP please please help

Post by riz1986 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:48 pm

u won't get a BRP same day as it is printed somewhere else.....u will get in post .......it takes abt a week to get

MumShep
Newly Registered

Post by MumShep » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Sorry I knew that but didn't make it very clear. I meant a decision really, is it likely that i'll have to wait a long time for that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:19 pm

It is not very clear from your post what you are actually applying for in regards to a BRP? What is your current visa/immigration status??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.