ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nenepep
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(RC) applications

Post by Nenepep » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:51 am

Hi, all this timelines and durations are quite scary, my case is a bit off course, pardon me.
i have changed my name on my passport, intended to send my brp off for the name change as well but now i have to travel urgently, can anyone pleaseeee tell me if its possible for me to travel out and back into uk with my passport in my married name (have old passport in maiden) and my Brp in my maiden name. I will take along my marriage ceryificate and old possible if that would help . Also if i cant apply for the change of name on my Brp exactly 3 months after, would i be penalised...
So sorry for the long story, cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere . Thanks

MafP03
Newly Registered

Post by MafP03 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi Everybody!
This process It is a Nightmare!
I have been checking messages from 2012 and 4 years later the process it is still the same, long, no answer from home office, no update and No BRP.

My case its pretty similar as everybody
Stolen documents in paris 24 Dic 2015
Did the single entry and could comeback to London 13 January 2016 (paying priority fees)

Send form for Replacement BRP 13 January 2016
Biometrics taken 28 January 2016
No answer, No information by phone, nothing yet

If anybody can give me any advice, I contacted the MP yesterday by mail, but after that I dont know what else to do.

Thanks,

nickv
Newly Registered

Post by nickv » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 am

Applied by post: 11 March

It's been twelve days since then, still no word from Home Office.

Time to panic? :(

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:04 am

MafP03 wrote:Hi Everybody!
This process It is a Nightmare!
I have been checking messages from 2012 and 4 years later the process it is still the same, long, no answer from home office, no update and No BRP.

My case its pretty similar as everybody
Stolen documents in paris 24 Dic 2015
Did the single entry and could comeback to London 13 January 2016 (paying priority fees)

Send form for Replacement BRP 13 January 2016
Biometrics taken 28 January 2016
No answer, No information by phone, nothing yet

If anybody can give me any advice, I contacted the MP yesterday by mail, but after that I dont know what else to do.

Thanks,
Hi MAFp03

My case is similar to yours have your heard back anything as yet?

Thanks

minnie8423
Newly Registered

Post by minnie8423 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am

This process has been a major headache! I reached out to my MP right away but still waiting to receive my card. So far this is what's gone down:

January 8th: Wallet stolen with BRP and reported it stolen
January 11th: Returned to UK from Canada without visa or BRP (no issues)
February 5-7th: Weekend in Paris without visa or BRP (refused entry to UK)
February 9th: Submitted single-entry visa application & biometrics in Visa office (earliest I could get appt)
February 26th: Documents received
February 28th: Returned to UK with 30 day single-entry visa
March 2nd: Sent BRP application with passport
March 14th: BRP replacement fee withdrawn from bank account
April 1st: Received letter and submitted Biometrics

Still waiting with no news but MP is still chasing. This is quite frustrating as I don't have family here in the UK and have already missed out on a wedding, easter and family trips just because some jerk stole my wallet.

Ruby11
Newly Registered

Post by Ruby11 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:46 pm

minnie8423 wrote:This process has been a major headache! I reached out to my MP right away but still waiting to receive my card. So far this is what's gone down:

February 9th: Submitted single-entry visa application & biometrics in Visa office (earliest I could get appt)

Still waiting with no news but MP is still chasing. This is quite frustrating as I don't have family here in the UK and have already missed out on a wedding, easter and family trips just because some jerk stole my wallet.
Hi,
Did you receive your new BRP after your MP chasing? because I saw someone say it is not help.TT

najihahhaah
Newly Registered

Post by najihahhaah » Sun May 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Hello . I recently applied for a brp replacement as mine was lost . I tick the wrong category for the last docs issued by home office . Will it be that my application is invalid ?

chocolate
Newly Registered

Post by chocolate » Wed May 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Ruby11 wrote:
minnie8423 wrote:This process has been a major headache! I reached out to my MP right away but still waiting to receive my card. So far this is what's gone down:

Hi did you get your card yet?
Hi,
Did you receive your new BRP after your MP chasing? because I saw someone say it is not help.TT

chocolate
Newly Registered

Post by chocolate » Wed May 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Ruby11 wrote:

Hi did you get your card yet?
Hi,

TofyGT
Newly Registered

Post by TofyGT » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi There,

We enrolled the BRP on 09-04-2016 and at the moment we didn't receive any update from the home office.

Is it normal?
How long we need to wait after enrolled the BRP ?

I called them and they told me. We need to wait because we are still on time.

I will appreciate your suggestion.

Regards

akr2500448
Newly Registered

BRP(TOC) applications

Post by akr2500448 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:36 am

Hi all,

Change of name on BRP.

Application posted on:11/6/2016
Application delivered on:14/6/2016
Fee transaction done on:22/6/2016
Biometric letter received on:29/7/2016
Biometric enrolled on:30/6/2016
Received the passport and other documents with an acknowledgement letter on:06/08/2016
BRP card received: WAITING

akr2500448
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(TOC) applications

Post by akr2500448 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:42 pm

[quote="akr2500448"]Hi all,

Change of name on BRP.

Application posted on:11/6/2016
Application delivered on:14/6/2016
Fee transaction done on:22/6/2016
Biometric letter received on:29/7/2016
Biometric enrolled on:30/6/2016
Received the passport and other documents with an acknowledgement letter on:06/08/2016
BRP card received: 08/08/2016

Lollydube
Newly Registered

Post by Lollydube » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:54 pm

I have had a nightmare of a time trying to sort my Biometric Permit. Application sent 29/04/16. Payment taken 30/04/16. Letter received for Biometrics on 21/05/16. Biometrics sent on the 22/05/16. On 16/09/16 I sent them a letter asking them the progress. On 22/09/16 I received a letter requesting evidence of being in the UK over the last 6 years. Documents sent.........still waiting...

b4now125
Newly Registered

Post by b4now125 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Application posted on:18/8/2016
Application delivered on:19/8/2016
Fee transaction done on:22/8/2016
Biometric letter received on:26/8/2016
Biometric enrolled on:27/8/2016
Received the passport and other documents with an acknowledgement letter on: WAITING

Does anyone know if the the 8 weeks starts from when they first received my application, or if it's from when they received my biometrics? Thanks in advance for your help!

namkie90
Newly Registered

Post by namkie90 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:56 am

Hi,
I am on a Tier-4 (General) student visa which was on a sticker in my old passport. (I did my application in July 2015 before they rolled out the BRP). I had to renew my passport and I checked online to find that in order to travel in and out of the country I don't need to transfer my visa endorsement onto a BRP but IF and when I apply to companies for full-time permanent jobs do I need to apply for a BRP under TOC before I get a firm offer from any company saying that they will sponsor my Tier-2?
I started applying for jobs but I am worried about posting both my passports and wondered how long it takes (by post) to process the applications? My leave as a Tier-4 student expires in February 2017 so is it worth the trouble posting it now, (in October?) or should I have done this sooner ? Do I need to do it at all? I work part-time at the moment

namkie90
Newly Registered

Post by namkie90 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:11 am

hi
sorry everyone just wanted to ask if after you send the application by post, do you receive any notification by post , email or text message with an application reference number that can be quoted in case there's issues later to be dealt with? or do we wait for the biometric letter?
I had done my Biometric last year before coming to UK do I need to do this again?

LozOz
Newly Registered

Post by LozOz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm still waiting on my BRP(RC) to comeback. change name
Due to marriage and updated passport (Australian)
Here is my timeline;

BRP sent off: 12 JULY 16
Money taken out: 15 JULY 16
BIometrics letter received and taken: 05 AUG 16
Still waiting for documents and Biometrics card

It's been 11 weeks for me so far (56 working days)
I'm hoping to fly in 7 weeks time, should I expect it to
arrive in time? I know that I can't contact the home office
For any info until after it's been 6 months but has there been
Any updates to the last few posts on some arrivals?

Many thanks!

namkie90
Newly Registered

Post by namkie90 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 am

LozOz wrote:Hi all,

I'm still waiting on my BRP(RC) to comeback. change name
Due to marriage and updated passport (Australian)
Here is my timeline;

BRP sent off: 12 JULY 16
Money taken out: 15 JULY 16
BIometrics letter received and taken: 05 AUG 16
Still waiting for documents and Biometrics card

It's been 11 weeks for me so far (56 working days)
I'm hoping to fly in 7 weeks time, should I expect it to
arrive in time? I know that I can't contact the home office
For any info until after it's been 6 months but has there been
Any updates to the last few posts on some arrivals?

Many thanks!
wow thats more than their proposed 8 weeks!
I sent mine on 14th Oct which was a Friday so it got delivered on Monday the 17th
payment taken 18th
since then no idea whats happening. have you tried calling them for an update? I think its 0800 3898289

LozOz
Newly Registered

Post by LozOz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:44 pm

@Namkie90

Thanks for replying, going by mine you should get your biometrics letter soon maybe next week hopefully. I'm wondering where you got the 8 week time frame from as the standard service they advised me was within 6 months?

I called them on the day I did my biometrics (because they sent the biometrics letter (which I had to give to the post office) in my maiden name. I wanted to be sure they would make sure that my new surname would be applied to the card. I was advised it would be. I was told I would get the card within 6 months but is usually sooner (not helpful, 6 months is a long time to wait and not have any updates!)

Thanks for the number I will give them a call to see if they can give me any info but I'm not expecting a result :/ I'll let you know!

bethS
Newly Registered

Post by bethS » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey Guys

Tier 2 change of employer- new BRP

Application submitted at Croyden on:10/10/2016
Decision letter received on:10/10/2016

does anyone know if there is a number to call and follow up? or why the cards are taking so long.

Also, am I allowed to start work with the approval decision letter and no BRP?

Goodluck with the waiting everyone

B

namkie90
Newly Registered

Post by namkie90 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

@LozOz
I came across this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf in which it says
To allow for any processing delays, you should apply at least 8 weeks before the end of your
permitted stay in the UK.
.. so going by this it looks like its long overdue, so I hope you do get it soon and update us hyperventilating folks.

@BethS
Did you apply using the Premium service? if yes, then it usually takes about 7- 10 days for the BRP to come. At least you didn't have to send out your passport :)

LozOz
Newly Registered

Post by LozOz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:59 pm

@Namkie90

Ta for the website link but it wouldn't open for me :( it says in that quote though that 'you should apply at least 8 weeks before your stay in the UK is due to end' ...I should have mentioned that I already have ILR status.

That's also why I'm not sure why it's taking so long :( it's really a simple name change from maiden to married name. The process is so draining and of course frustrating. I still haven't called them yet but will try before end of week.

Any news on your biometrics letter?

Good luck all x

namkie90
Newly Registered

Post by namkie90 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 pm

@LozOz
oh okay. nope..no biometric letter yet ... I really wish there was an online tracking system that at least gave applicants an estimate or let us know if something was wrong.I wanted to ask, has it been 56 days from the day you submitted your biometric or from the date you sent out the application? Is the post office mentioned in letter close to where you stay?

LozOz
Newly Registered

Post by LozOz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:44 pm

@namkie90

I know, I really wish there was someway we could check on progress. It's been almost 12 weeks from the day I did my fingerprints at the post office so 14 if you include when I sent off my application.

So my letter has my case reference number on it. It advises you will have 15 days from the date of the letter to have your biometrics taken or your application may be rejected or invalid. It says to visit www.postoffice.co.uk/ukbabiometric for the location of your nearest branch that will offer the biometric service and you do not need an appointment.

You need to pay £19.20 to the post office for the service (because I haven't paid enough right? ) and you need to take the back page of the letter which has a barcode and relevant details on it.

It says that they will decide on my application within 6 months from the date I submitted (oh there's that answer) unless for the named reasons included in the letter.

I hope this info helps a little in the meantime. Hoping that your letter comes soon!

bethS
Newly Registered

Post by bethS » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 am

@Namkie90 Yes I did the premium application. It's been 14 working days and no sign of the BRP. Have emailed them for follow up but no response yet.

I wonder if there is some sort of back log with card printing?