ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Replacement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joandjadelr
Newly Registered

BRP Replacement

Post by joandjadelr » Wed May 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi there,

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my ongoing drama with the home office. We have a holiday looming and its looking more and more unlikely!

I applied for a replacement BRP (RC), application was received by the home office 8th April 2014. Biometric information given 29th April.

I have been calling 03001232241 to chase the application and they can give me no other information than its in process.. (everytime I speak to someone different I get a slightly different answer.

I emailed BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they responded with what looked like a generic "blanket" email saying:

Thank you for contacting the BRP Customer Contact Centre regarding delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

We have experienced a high demand for Biometric Residence Permits which has resulted in some delays in the production and delivery.

Your BRP will be delivered within the next 3-7 working days. Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm. Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity (such as your passport, driving licence or bank card) and a signature to confirm receipt of the package. If you have not received your BRP within 10 working days, please re-contact us and we will investigate.

Your leave to remain is in no way affected by this delay. You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received the BRP.

We apologise for the inconvenience this matter may have caused.

Thank you
BRP Delivery Team[/i][/i][/i]

As you can see, this looks pretty generic and as I haven't received an approval letter or anything.

My questions are:

Do you get approval letters first?
Do they return passports first?
Is there a number I can call where I can get information?
Does anyone have any ideas on how long it often takes?

Thanking you all in advance! Any info would be greatly received!

Jade

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Replacement

Post by CR001 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:18 pm

My daughters BRP(RC) took about 3/4 months from date of application. Biometrics done as soon as received the letter and received docs and BRP back after 2.5 months. Received passport a few days before new BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrapplicant2013

Re: BRP Replacement

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

Hi joandjalder,

any updates on this, how long did you have to wait for ?