ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

call to Detention Center for ILR result

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GMO
Mood:

call to Detention Center for ILR result

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Hi! My friend applied for FLR but then after 3 months he applied for ILR ( 10 years route) . After 6 months he received a letter from HO that they considered his application and he need to go detention centre to get the result. They also mention that he can bring legal representative.

Anyone know what does it means to go to detention centre to get result?

vinny

Re: call to Detention Center for ILR result

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 pm

That doesn't sound good. He should take a legal representative with him, as they advised.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 pm

vinny wrote:That doesn't sound good. He should take a legal representative with him, as they advised.
Thanks for your reply. He will take the legal representative and the tone of the HO letter is obviously negative...They can refuse an ILR application after legally stay in 10 years!!!? And why they call on detention centre?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:05 am

I'm guessing that they want to detain and remove him.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 am

vinny wrote:I'm guessing that they want to detain and remove him.
Omg! They can do it after living 10 years legally here ! Last 3 month were fovered only with FLR application and
Applied for ILR before the flr decision cause by that time his 10 yrs was complete ! Shocking .. what would be the reason .. any idea please .

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 am

Perhaps they considered the previous FLR application to be 'vexatious and frivolous'?

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:28 am

vinny wrote:Perhaps they considered the previous FLR application to be 'vexatious and frivolous'?
Thanks for the information. Bte he has a family and kids here who is 6 yrs old ( born here) That wont be considered?

Actually the letter is very suspicious as they tell him to collect decision form the centre.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 am

GMO wrote:
vinny wrote:Perhaps they considered the previous FLR application to be 'vexatious and frivolous'?
Thanks for the information. Bte he has a family and kids here who is 6 yrs old ( born here) That wont be considered? Is the child a British Citizen?

Actually the letter is very suspicious as they tell him to collect decision form the centre. A few people have posted about receiving letters to collect decision at a centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks for the reply. The kid is 6 years old now and not yer British citizen. He born n brought up here though.

Any idea why this letter is issued..in what ground!?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:10 am

GMO wrote:Thanks for the reply. The kid is 6 years old now and not yer British citizen. He born n brought up here though. Small enough to integrate into another country. Child not being British does not help your friend.

Any idea why this letter is issued..in what ground!? No, I don't work for HO so haven't a clue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks for the Response CR001.

Hooe for the best. But calling to detention centre is bit scary.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:52 am

Hi, someone recently posted their experience in the same scenario, he waited a few hours then was given his documentation and visa/right to stay. This call to the H/O doesn't always mean detention..

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:49 pm

bathanza wrote:Hi, someone recently posted their experience in the same scenario, he waited a few hours then was given his documentation and visa/right to stay. This call to the H/O doesn't always mean detention..
Thanks for your message. Thats good to know. I saw it on your replied post. But they are under Valid ILR ( 10 yeard ) or FLR but not into killing last 3/4 months with FLRO! thats why its suspicious.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:17 pm

GMO wrote:They also mention that he can bring legal representative.
Why would they mention that, if they were planning on granting leave?

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 am

vinny wrote:
GMO wrote:They also mention that he can bring legal representative.
Why would they mention that, if they were planning on granting leave?
exactly! if there is something positive then why legal representative ! very confusing or its a new system to deliver passport with final verification by person..who knows±

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:28 am

My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.
Two days ago letter arrived that HO considered her application and she need to attend office for service of their decision at Thomas Street, London next Friday 16/12/2016.

Many solicitors was contacted but no one can give a clear answer.
I have agreed with two solicitors that they will be on the phone and if something happens, they will be ready to action.

I'm attending with her and will wait outside and will update you all on Friday as what happened that mysterious day.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:27 am

valhna wrote:My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.
Two days ago letter arrived that HO considered her application and she need to attend office for service of their decision at Thomas Street, London next Friday 16/12/2016.

I have agreed with two solicitors that they will be on the phone and if something happens, they will be ready to action.

I'm attending with her and will wait outside and will update you all on Friday as what happened that mysterious day.
Thanks for the reply . Sounds similar! Did they mention that you can bring legal representative?

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:56 pm

GMO wrote:
valhna wrote:My wife applied for FLR (O) 7 month ago. Month ago she received letter that HO want more original documents (kids British passports 6 and 9 years old, mine passport with ILR, more statements, property ownership etcetera), all was provided.

Thanks for the reply . Sounds similar! Did they mention that you can bring legal representative?
Yes
Stated on the letter that they will allow applicants and appointed legal representatives only.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am

He recieved his ILR today ..they just call to vefication :)

RW11
Newly Registered

Post by RW11 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

that is a very good news brother :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Good news. :D

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:09 pm

RW11 wrote:that is a very good news brother :)
:)

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:11 pm

vinny wrote:Good news. :D
Ya thanks :) Actually HO send their formatted letter to us alaways and thats confusing sometimes.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:16 pm

That's positive news to read. Can you confirm if your friend did end up going to the H/O in the end or was it just bypassed with the phonecall? Just a little confused with this one

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm

bathanza wrote:That's positive news to read. Can you confirm if your friend did end up going to the H/O in the end or was it just bypassed with the phonecall? Just a little confused with this one
He Visited the mentioned office in his letter and received decision in 15 minutes. :)