ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for UK spouse visa from Europe (as tourist)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ivyaustralian
Newly Registered

Can I apply for UK spouse visa from Europe (as tourist)

Post by ivyaustralian » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:25 am

As an Australian citizen, once I marry my British citizen bf, can I lodge my application for a UK SPOUSE VISA from any countries in Europe while I am a visitor/tourist?? Or do I have to return to Australia and lodge my application from there?

I am aware that you can convert the fiance visa to a spouse visa WITHIN UK, but it's rather expensive having to pay for x2 visa fees. I'm on a tight budget and would rather get the marriage visa (only £83) then go somewhere in Europe and lodge my spouse visa application and wait there for the result (while visiting friends).

Please note that I already know about the criterias for marriage visa vs. fiance visa vs. spouse visa. I just want to know if anyone has advice on if you can actually SUBMIT an application for a UK SPOUSE VISA from a country in Europe where you are only a visitor/tourist. Australian citizens can stay in the Schengen area for 90 days without a visa so staying in Europe is not a problem for me.

A big Thank You to the Immigration forum community in advance!! :*

Cheers,
Ivy

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Can I apply for UK spouse visa from Europe (as tourist)

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am

I am not an expert. however my tupence

IMHO this would have to be applied from home country, one reason that the visa processing time can not be guaranteed to finish within your Schengen visa duration. there will be many others relating to documentation etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 am

You have to apply for your spouse visa from your country of residence, so you would need to go back to Australia. Unless you apply for the fiance visa and just grit your teeth and pay for the switch. Cost of visa switching vs cost of airfares!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 pm

You may only apply for a visitor or a PBS Tier 5 ‘creative and sporting’ visa, but then you cannot switch from a visitor to another category from within the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.