ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified copy of passport from home office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ekubo
Newly Registered

Certified copy of passport from home office

Post by Ekubo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi all,

I've been searching for this but couldn't find a similar post... My ILR is still under appeal (won in first tier, but the HO appealed). I've now decided to marry my partner and would need a certified copy of my passport from the HO. No-one seems to be able to say where and how I can obtain this. Anyone had a similar issue and could give any advice, please?

Thanks!

Ido
Newly Registered

Re: Certified copy of passport from home office

Post by Ido » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Ekubo wrote:Hi all,

I've been searching for this but couldn't find a similar post... My ILR is still under appeal (won in first tier, but the HO appealed). I've now decided to marry my partner and would need a certified copy of my passport from the HO. No-one seems to be able to say where and how I can obtain this. Anyone had a similar issue and could give any advice, please?

Thanks!
Have you tried calling the immigration helpline for advise or the return of documents email. The address is on the ukvisas website.I believe there's section you can fill in to request a certified copy of your passport which you can use.make sure you tell them that you need it for identity purposes otherwise they'll assume you're withdrawing your application/appeal.

Ekubo
Newly Registered

Post by Ekubo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Thank you so much, Ido.

Only thing I can find on the website is the form for returning the documents - it says that you will be told if returning documents will result in the withdrawal of your application but frankly I am a bit scared of risking, especially since they say the procedure is not available if the visa has been rejected (I won the first hearing but god knows what they consider 'rejected')

Today I eventually got a fax number where forwarding my request - it took several calls. Apparently providing a mere certified copy of a passport is some sort of complex procedure? :? I have been told by my council that it has been done in the past, and I frankly find it quite absurd that you are refused to have a form of id.

Anyway, fingers crossed with the fax! If anyone has some experience please get in touch. Thanks!

earth2diana
Newly Registered

Post by earth2diana » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi!
Me and my partner are going through the same situation. Have you managed to get a phone number where to call and ask for a certified copy of your passport to be faxed to the registry office?
Any information will be very appreciated.
Regards,
Diana

Blessedsun
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Blessedsun » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Ekubo please can you provide the fax number me? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 am

Blessedsun wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 pm
Ekubo please can you provide the fax number me? Thanks
This topic is from 2014. Things have likely moved on and changed since then. Suggest start your own topic with your questions rather than digging up old threads and tagging a question on with no details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.