ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified translation query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ritabh
Newly Registered

Certified translation query

Post by ritabh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for family visitor visa for my in laws. They have house registry document and ancestral agricultural land. All property docs are written in Hindi. One advocate has translated the house registry document from Hindi to English with his official stamp on each translated page along with name, occupation, translation date and contact detail. But for agricultural land as this is ancestral property and complexity of division among family members, document is very complex so no advocate is ready to translate into English. But on UKBA website it is written that non English documents should be certified translated. Now I have few queries:

1. Do I need to provide affidavit in case of house registry translation or advocate's translated document would be sufficient?
2. In case of land registry document if I translate it into English and submit affidavit that translation is accurate and authentic. Would it be sufficient to satisfy the certified translation clause?
3. Is there any other better way to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help in advance.