ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chances of getting a visitor visa for a family wedding

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jss117
Newly Registered

chances of getting a visitor visa for a family wedding

Post by jss117 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:37 pm

What are they chances for getting a visitor visa to attend my brother's weddding who is a US citizen but getting married in UK to a british citizen.

I am a canadian permanent resident and citizen of India. I am currently unemployed but I have sufficient funds to support my self in Uk during the period of wedding. Accommodation is also been taken care of.
I am currently in USA where my parents and my brother live to help with the wedding preps and I will be applying for UK visa from here. My status in USA is a visitor.

Please advice which are the very important things I should consider to make sure that my visa application is successful.

jss117
Newly Registered

Re: chances of getting a visitor visa for a family wedding

Post by jss117 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 am

urgent advice needed please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member/jss117/

It is confusing whether it is your many posts nephew, brother or yourself that needs the visa.

The applicant has to provided sufficient proof of their circumstances and intention to leave the UK and ties to their country of residence.

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/d ... st-provide

Http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jss117
Newly Registered

Post by jss117 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 am

actually i am posting on behalf of multiple people who are going to wedding in UK and related in different ways

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:41 am

It creates confusion when people try to give advice.

You should either state very clearly if you are asking on behalf of someone else or they should create their own usernames and explain their own circumstances.

And post in a single forum, which is this one where I have moved your post to.

Chances of being successful depends on your evidence, convincing ECO and your/their personal circumstances. Only you know what they are and based on the limited information you give, you will only receive very general advice and relative links to read.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.