ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of addrs UKVI, bank statemnt also driving licnc

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rehmat351
BANNED

Change of addrs UKVI, bank statemnt also driving licnc

Post by rehmat351 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Dear All
I lived on an address "A" in London (brother'd house) for more than 9 years (since I arrived in the UK). Then moved (160 miles away on address "B") Stoke-on-Trent for PhD studies. On driving licence and all bank accounts I have address "A". I changed my address only with UKVI. I am planing to apply for ILR in June 2016. Question is; do I need to change my all address from A to B or it would be OK if I say to case worker that address B was my term time address and my permanent address in the UK is address A that why I did not changed my driving licence and bank statements address. Thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Change of addrs UKVI, bank statemnt also driving licnc

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:45 pm

rehmat351 wrote:Dear All
I lived on an address "A" in London (brother'd house) for more than 9 years (since I arrived in the UK). Then moved (160 miles away on address "B") Stoke-on-Trent for PhD studies. On driving licence and all bank accounts I have address "A". I changed my address only with UKVI. I am planing to apply for ILR in June 2016. Question is; do I need to change my all address from A to B or it would be OK if I say to case worker that address B was my term time address and my permanent address in the UK is address A that why I did not changed my driving licence and bank statements address. Thanks in advance.
Your documents should reflect where you really live.
That is better than convoluted explanations for a caseworker's benefit; (remember they will have heard it all before, many times.

It's free to change the address on a driving licence.
Note your car logbook should use the correct address too.
See https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.