ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dan2015

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by Dan2015 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:36 pm

bhatti007 wrote:
Dan2015 wrote:
bhatti007 wrote:Na i did not get even acknowledgement letter.....
Did you get your acknowledgement letter yet

No mate I still did not received, its been one month now
Same here Did you try to call them

psoyele
Newly Registered

Post by psoyele » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Do anyone have their number

bhatti007
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti007 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:21 pm

i dont have exact number have you got their numer......

bhatti007
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti007 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 pm

bhatti007 wrote:
Dan2015 wrote:
bhatti007 wrote:Na i did not get even acknowledgement letter.....
Did you get your acknowledgement letter yet

No mate I still did not received, its been one month now
Same here Did you try to call them[/quote]

i dont have their exact number....

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:47 pm

The number is mentioned on travel documents Guide

Makul2009
Newly Registered

Post by Makul2009 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Guys,

I don't understand why you all are applying for the Convention Travel Document (Refugee)
As we do not fall under the refugee status after being granted ILR.

I already have my travel document (refugee) which I applied 5 years back when I was granted Definite Leave to remain (refugee) but of course this is expired now.

I thought we had to apply for the Normal Travel document which costs £322 per adult. I am a bit confused.
Can I renew my travel document which I have now? or do I need to apply for a brand new one?

As it cost's £322 I thought I will just wait till next year to do my naturalization and get my bristish passport.

Can some one please help me.

trace.willington
Newly Registered

Post by trace.willington » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 pm

I managed to get through to travel Document section on the ph. Unfortunately, they could not share information about my application status. But she said it is 6 weeks of processing time at the moment. It has been 4 weeks for me. So, hopefully, something will happen after next 2 weeks.

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm

trace.willington wrote:I managed to get through to travel Document section on the ph. Unfortunately, they could not share information about my application status. But she said it is 6 weeks of processing time at the moment. It has been 4 weeks for me. So, hopefully, something will happen after next 2 weeks.
What number did u called and also did you received acknowledgement letter

psoyele
Newly Registered

Post by psoyele » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Dan2015 wrote:
trace.willington wrote:I managed to get through to travel Document section on the ph. Unfortunately, they could not share information about my application status. But she said it is 6 weeks of processing time at the moment. It has been 4 weeks for me. So, hopefully, something will happen after next 2 weeks.
Trace, Pls give us the number you called, because my application it on 9 weeks now

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:43 pm

psoyele wrote:

Trace, Pls give us the number you called, because my application it on 9 weeks now

Did you get the acknowledged letter yet

psoyele
Newly Registered

Post by psoyele » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Dan2015 wrote:
psoyele wrote:

Did you get the acknowledged letter yet
Yes I did, like 4 or 5 weeks ago

trace.willington
Newly Registered

Post by trace.willington » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:36 am

0300 123 2241. The lady i spoke on the ph was just kind and transferred to travel document section.
Just to warn you guys they don't normally give you any info unless you have been waiting more than 70 working days.

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:The one I did some time ago for a client took some 21 days.
I apply for travel document on 5th June , money was take out as well but I'm still wait for acknowledment letter
Is this normal waiting this long for ackment letter or something wrong PLZ reply back

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 am

I sent my application on 12.05.15 and delivered on 14.05.15, They took the money one day after receiving the application and so far after more than 6 weeks nothing has happened.
Last week I called them, they told me first they haven't received it! when I gave them the tracking number they confirmed they have received it!!! ( thanks god I sent it with recorded delivery!) anyway they told me they haven't started and I have to wait until they are in the working mood! which means 70 working days! I don't know how many millions application they got or maybe they have just one employee for this job?
My friend in netherlands simply got his TD in just 3 days, it got issued by the local council. here in the UK apparently their good working department is the financial part that deducted the fee in 24 hours!

Thanks to the system I think my summer holiday is ruined by the lazy HO employees. Isn't there anyone to tell them come on this is 21st century, for god's sake printing a TD takes only 10 mins!!!

and one more thing, they don't send acknowledgement letter any more.

Neron_kh
Newly Registered

Post by Neron_kh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi guys
I made my application on 21 of May they toke money on 23 of May and finaly I didn't get any news just i check my track(post office) . I didn't get any letters like acknowledged letter or something like that. Last time i got my TD about 4weeks. Any one know knows hwo can i change my address. I have to move out and I didn't find any link or address.
Regards

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 pm

call them and let them know your new address. If it's not possible use redirecting royal mail service. More info :

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... _PPC_SM_37

Neron_kh
Newly Registered

Post by Neron_kh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:04 pm

raha333 wrote:call them and let them know your new address. If it's not possible use redirecting royal mail service. More info :

Thanks Raha, I found general number and I called them. they advised me to fill in some form but I didn't find in their website. Have you got any direct number from them??? please let me know if you have it.
thanks

Neron_kh
Newly Registered

Post by Neron_kh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Dan2015 wrote:
Hi Dan
did you get your TD? I think we did in same time and how about acknowledgment letter, did you get it?

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Neron_kh wrote:
Dan2015 wrote:
Hi Dan
did you get your TD? I think we did in same time and how about acknowledgment letter, did you get it?
No and also still haven't received my ack letter
Apparently they don't send ack letter anymore

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Neron_kh wrote:
raha333 wrote:call them and let them know your new address. If it's not possible use redirecting royal mail service. More info :

Thanks Raha, I found general number and I called them. they advised me to fill in some form but I didn't find in their website. Have you got any direct number from them??? please let me know if you have it.
thanks

You're very welcome. This is their number:

Good luck

Neron_kh
Newly Registered

Post by Neron_kh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 pm

raha333 wrote:
Neron_kh wrote:

thanks

You're very welcome. This is their number:
<a href="tel:03001232241">03001232241</a>

Good luck
Hi Raha, any good news?

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 am

Hi,
Nope, still waiting...

psoyele
Newly Registered

Post by psoyele » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi guys!

Just to let you guys know I received the convention travel document today... Good luck to you all.

Dan2015

Post by Dan2015 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:14 am

psoyele wrote:Hi guys!

Just to let you guys know I received the convention travel document today... Good luck to you all.
How did you get it, I mean which post mail was it (Royal Mail, DX) and also did u received your BRB and other document back as well

psoyele
Newly Registered

Post by psoyele » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:05 am

Dan2015 wrote:
psoyele wrote:Hi guys!

How did you get it, I mean which post mail was it (Royal Mail, DX) and also did u received your BRB and other document back as well
I got my BRB first by Royal Mail and like 4 hours later, I received my convention travel document and other document... But they did not use DX