ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

colestom
Newly Registered

DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN VISA

Post by colestom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 pm

My partner is a moroccan citizen. She is currently here on a family visit visa to visit our 2 year old daughter. we are an unmarried couple. Our daughter is a british citizen and passport holder. My partner now does not want to leave the uk to go through the whole visa process once again in morocco so has decided to apply for the discretionary visa to remain.
Considering her circumstances i was wondering what you think her chances of success are?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 pm

It's not possible to be certain but the child will make certainly make a difference. Really, if would be so much better and easier to apply for entry clearance. However, if the current application is successful she will be granted Discretionary Leave and will be eligible for ILR in six years.

colestom
Newly Registered

Post by colestom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:50 pm

I know but she is unwilling to go back to morocco and go through the long process of it all now. she feels settled and at home now here with my family. We have immigration lawyers who have worked on our case for us and all documents due to be sent off to home office tomorow. its just that we have had so many mixed messages from different companies but the one we went with seems to think we have a strong case due to our child.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:14 pm

vinny wrote:See also Kotecha & Anor, R and MH.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

colestom
Newly Registered

Post by colestom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok I have read both cases.so what is your opinion of ours?