ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long

Post by africangirl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 am

Hi All

I am still waiting to hear from H/O when i calld them they told me that there is nothing wrong with my application only that they are very busy so i should just wait.

I contacted my MP na he was very helpful he told me that he was going to write to H/O and ask them to speed up the process of my application since its more than 8 months now.

But i am sure this will not change anything since many of you who are waiting have already been in contact with your MPs.

Hope one of us will hear good news soon.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi Again Folks,
1- still nothing from H/O
2- i can't get hold of my MP on his phone and when i went to his office i was told by his assistant that she haven't got a clue about my case and that they were too busy with the Scottish referendum and haven't done much work on peoples problems.
3- i went to a Solicitor again and he said that i should wait for another 2 months as that will make it exactly 2 years since my application was sent and we will sue the H/O (i don't know on what grounds).
4- Keep your chins up people we will get our DLR's sooner or later.
Good Luck Everyone

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:56 pm

supadupa wrote:Hi Again Folks,
2- i can't get hold of my MP on his phone and when i went to his office i was told by his assistant that she haven't got a clue about my case and that they were too busy with the Scottish referendum and haven't done much work on peoples problems.
3- i went to a Solicitor again and he said that i should wait for another 2 months as that will make it exactly 2 years since my application was sent and we will sue the H/O (i don't know on what grounds).
Good Luck Everyone
seriously you have been waiting since nov 2012 ?
there is something not right
I read your story are you still with your girlfriend ? do you have any children ? are you live with her ? do you have any criminal record even police gave fine drive speeding or banned from drive have you been in court since you granted DLR OR criminal offences ?

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:56 pm

odat wrote:
supadupa wrote:Hi Again Folks,
Good Luck Everyone
seriously you have been waiting since nov 2012 ?
there is something not right
I read your story are you still with your girlfriend ? do you have any children ? are you live with her ? do you have any criminal record even police gave fine drive speeding or banned from drive have you been in court since you granted DLR OR criminal offences ?
Hi Odat,

in answer to you questions: yes i'm happily married to my wife for 3 years, we have a son and i have no criminal record no fines and no courts.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:34 am

Your wife she british or european?
God help u man how could u live without documents since that time
I suggest by November 2015 send form for Ilr
And remember to send the right form

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:15 am

my wife is British
odat wrote:Your wife she british or european?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:08 pm

supadupa wrote:my wife is British
I have feeling you send the wrong form
have you claim asylum before you get your DLR ?

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 pm

I recently wrote to the UKVI requesting that they confirm that I have leave to remain for employment purposes. They then wrote to me acknowledging receipt of my application for leave to remain. Since applying In February I had not received such confirmation. The letter then went on to state that it does not confirm whether I was entitled to work or live in the UK. It goes on to say that a prospective employer should check with the Home Office. In a further paragraph the letter then contradicts itself by saying since my application was made before my previous leave to remain had expired the previous conditions apply.

Interesting response though. I plan to write another letter querying this contradiction. Hopefully, they will get bored with me and then assess my application.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Fimboz did the ho return your supporting documents?after putting in yr application?because they returned. Mine since then I haven't had from them.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 pm

What do they mean complex case???what makes the case complicated yet its the same grounds they used to grant me.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:02 pm

baker wrote:What do they mean complex case???what makes the case complicated yet its the same grounds they used to grant me.
is nothing complex but they don't have staff to work they cut the budget

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Ok thxs am just fed up of waiting.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:26 pm

odat wrote:
supadupa wrote:my wife is British
I have feeling you send the wrong form
have you claim asylum before you get your DLR ?
No i have not send the wrong form and no my asylum claim was refused and i was granted a discretionary leave to remain under human rights laws.

i have just been offered a job as a web designing team leader in a big internet marketing company and all they want is to see my passport. (SHIT)

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm

how is not the wrong form if the website and the form status that "application form DL if you were refused asylum and given Discretionary Leave"
DL form for people who claim asylum and there asylum refuse but given Discretionary Leave outside the immigration rules
if your non-asylum application was refused but you were given Discretionary Leave you need to send FLR O form

DL for for people who received same this letter

http://s25.postimg.org/483r2nw33/asylum_Decision.jpg

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Odat DL form is for people who was refused asylum and were granted DLR and thats what happened to me.
so DL form is the right one and it is the one i sent.
here's the header of the letter i got with my DLR initial decision.
Last edited by supadupa on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:09 pm

supadupa wrote:Odat DL form is for people who was refused asylum and were granted DLR and thats what happened to me.
so its the right form
just im trying thinking why 2 years waiting.. strange

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:43 pm

odat wrote:
supadupa wrote:Odat DL form is for people who was refused asylum and were granted DLR and thats what happened to me.
so its the right form
just im trying thinking why 2 years waiting.. strange
thats whats bugging me, 2 years and still every time i phone them i get told: your application is still open for processing.
2 F***** years man.
i'm meeting my MP again tomorrow to see if he heard anything from H/O.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Ho is so weird how can they take 2yrs yet you even call them.may be you should make a fresh application what do you think?put new supporting documents.Did they return yr supporting documents when you applied?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:02 pm

baker wrote:Ho is so weird how can they take 2yrs yet you even call them.may be you should make a fresh application what do you think?put new supporting documents.Did they return yr supporting documents when you applied?
well I disagree with u about making fresh application he need to wait till he complete 6 years and then he can send new application for ILR

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:42 pm

baker wrote:Ho is so weird how can they take 2yrs yet you even call them.may be you should make a fresh application what do you think?put new supporting documents.Did they return yr supporting documents when you applied?
Hi baker,

no they never sent me anything back not even a letter to acknowledge the receipt of my application, i had to write them a letter asking if they received my documents and that's when they answered back saying that all documents were received and they will be processing my application in due course.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Supadupa don't worry lets wait while we pray to God or seek advice from a lawyer with immigration experience I guess they delt with such cases before

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:53 pm

I've seen pple on this forum who have been granted last month and it took them like 3 to Mths waiting.well I donot but its like cases with Article 8 claim have been delayed due to the article being reviewed I think.what do you think members?That's were my case falls.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Has any of you guys got any feedback from HO because lots of pole have been granted who applied this year its only afew of us that are waiting.i wonder how long its going to be.I called today and same story application is pending!!!!!gosh cant wait any longer.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:17 pm

im still waiting but I think I will hear from them this December

who told you that some people have been granted within 3 month? maybe they submit FLR O not DL FORM

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Odat I received a letter from mp they said I will get a decision in October 2015 that there's nothing to worry about and my case is with the complex unit which takes long 12mths from now!!!!!can you imagine so am planning to ask them for a document thatam allowed yo work because the employers wont let me.I have a feeling pple who have stayed for at least 10yrs with dlr are being delayed.so may be they want to give is indefinite since elections is next year what do you think guys.Another legacy like in 2010 pple were granted during elections.