ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Required for Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

janinah
Mood:

Documents Required for Visitor Visa

Post by janinah » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi all,

My parents planning to visit us within next couple of months to help and see my pregnant wife. They will stay with us. Now, question is what documents needed for them. My father retired person. He has income from various small business and saved money in bank. Hoping, their financial documents will be enough for sponsored themselves. As we hoping they will stay with us, do we need to provide them any letter or documents ? Like bank statement, tenancy agreement, overcrowding confirmation letter from independant agent etc ? Or simple letter from me will be ok ? Otherwise, if they want to stay at hotel, will they need to book for 6 months ?

I am really confused....could you please share your experience and let me help out from this situation....

Thanks in advanced...

edwinuk

Re: Documents Required for Visitor Visa

Post by edwinuk » Mon May 18, 2015 9:45 am

If they will fund the trip themselves, just an invitation letter, proof of accommodation, poof of your relation and proof of your visas. If you will fund the trip, the above plus your bank statements, employment proof.

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 am

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am

If you are going to mention the pregnancy on the application, do make it clear that this is not a childcare arrangment and your wife has maternity leave (if working, provide evidence as a letter from employer).

Also get a travel insurance for the person(s) visiting.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon May 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks for the reply guys...

Is travel insurance required ???

And for the accommodation.... What documents required for rented property ? Only tenancy agreement and NOC from landlord enough or health & safety report/overcrowding report required ???

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm

edwinuk wrote:Also, try not to go this route;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 86290.html
Thanks for the link... It's really helpful.... My situation almost same....

Our first child goes to nursery. I work full time and my wife work part time only in weekend. She will take Statutory Maternity leave for 9-12 months. We can produce documents as well. But, after reading you link story and I also know two others who also had same experience first visa rejection. So, I am really confused again.... Should I mentioned about pregnancy or just apply for normal visitor/ travel visa for them ??

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Tue May 19, 2015 11:42 am

My advice (Though I am not an expert) is to try not to mention it at all or try not to sound like it is the main purpose of the visit.

You basically have to be careful to imply that they are travelling there to help/assist in child birth.

Maybe go with "we've not seen them for quite some time and my children would like to see their grandma/grandpa" etc.

Visit visas are purely for tourism and visit purposes. Think of it in technical terms as opposed to common sense. Plain paper black and white, simplest form of meaning.

As long as you meet all the requirements and have the proof to show it, all will be well.

Do remember that alot of people had applied without any reasons at all such as childbirth etc but just to visit their family and successfully got their visas.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Tue May 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for the reply....
Its really strange... To be honest, they will two reason... To help us mentally to face such situation. Specially due time will be very hard for me to care both wife and my son. Plus coming baby. Plus, my parents will be able to visit us and spend time with us....Its not true they will come to only help us... How can it be possible my parents will visit us and we will not show them UK, atleast London ???

Anyway, best thing we just apply normal visit visa, though we just visited them last year....

edwinuk

Post by edwinuk » Wed May 20, 2015 7:07 am

Yes. You'd think ECO's would use their common sense but with my experience getting a successful spouse visa and tourist visa, I quickly learn compassion is at the bottom of their list. They can be compared to robots and software following certain parameters and rules.

-You tell them a story.
-You backup that story with evidence.
-Make sure you are within their "parameters" i.e. visit visa is for visiting nothing else.

There are government bodies available with helping and assistance before and after childbirth hence they don't see the need of getting someone from somewhere else. I do understand where you are coming from but again, you have to word it in a way where it won't sound like that will be the sole purpose of their visit.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Fri May 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi,

Another question... If my parents stay with us at our home, what documents required ? Tenancy agreement, No objection letter from Landlord, health & safety confirmation certificate from independent person/company. Any financial documents like my bank statements required ? If yes, how many months required now ? I know, previously for family visitor visa 3 months and general visitor visa 6 months bank statement was required... But now standard visitor visa needed how many months' statements?

I am really worried about bank statements, as I don't have more than couple of thousands in the bank though household income almost 45k.

Please share your thought...

Thanks

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi, anyone ??

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:25 pm

janinah wrote:Hi,

Another question... If my parents stay with us at our home, what documents required ? Tenancy agreement, No objection letter from Landlord, health & safety confirmation certificate from independent person/company. Any financial documents like my bank statements required ? If yes, how many months required now ? I know, previously for family visitor visa 3 months and general visitor visa 6 months bank statement was required... But now standard visitor visa needed how many months' statements?

I am really worried about bank statements, as I don't have more than couple of thousands in the bank though household income almost 45k.

Please share your thought...

Thanks
If you have tenancy agreement well and great otherwise Council Bill accompanied by letter from landlord would be sufficient. There is no requirement of health and safety confirmation from independant person or company.

If you are sponsoring the visit - last 6 months statement in original. Take it as £50/day on average and you need to show evidence that money is extra after you have accommodated yourself and your dependents adequately.

If you say household income is £45k you have to provide evidence and if you are going to use that provide evidence as well. Anything you say in the form will be taken as a claim by the ECO so he will go like "You have claimed this this and this but you have failed to provide evidence"

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi,
thanks for the reply. Yea i can provide all the documents you mentioned. Only problem is £50 per day for 6 months which is equivalent to £10,000. My bank balance not too high... Is it necessary, when i will take care only the accomodation, and all other expense inc travel and uk other expense will be take care by my parents themselves ? They can show their bank statements and property income etc back in home country....

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:47 pm

janinah wrote:Hi,
thanks for the reply. Yea i can provide all the documents you mentioned. Only problem is £50 per day for 6 months which is equivalent to £10,000. My bank balance not too high... Is it necessary, when i will take care only the accomodation, and all other expense inc travel and uk other expense will be take care by my parents themselves ? They can show their bank statements and property income etc back in home country....
Will they really stay 6 months? The ECO will also take into consideration how much you are paying for them and if you have any dependents and how much will be spent on their food and day to day expenses.

The questions in the form are also used as a claim for eg how much money do you have for your trip? If you say for eg £5000 and your balance is £5000 then ECO will be like what will you do upon your return? how will you survive etc.

If I were you I wouldn't invite them for 6 months however I've seen applications approved for 5 months etc. £50/day is not mentioned to be honest but visitors coming to the country ought to spend after all thats what they want visitors for.

Yes it is possible that you state parents will pay for their onward and return journey and you will take care of their food and accomodation.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Thanks again Man.

I understood your point...But, actually, i am not paying anything for them... Only they will stay with us...may be daily food cost... How much will be ??? For two person maximum £300 monthly... Definitely, we can say other uk travel and visiting cost they will take care....

Another thing, if they apply for 3 months visit visa, how long they will get visa 3 months or more. If they want they can extend it to 6 months.. Isn't it ??? How easy in country extension ??!

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Another thing,

There is a question in the application form that name of the person paying for your uk trip.... Should my name will be mentioned there ?? Confused... As i am not paying anything for their trip except they will stay with us at our home...will it count me as paying person ??

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:31 pm

janinah wrote:Thanks again Man.

I understood your point...But, actually, i am not paying anything for them... Only they will stay with us...may be daily food cost... How much will be ??? For two person maximum £300 monthly... Definitely, we can say other uk travel and visiting cost they will take care....

Another thing, if they apply for 3 months visit visa, how long they will get visa 3 months or more. If they want they can extend it to 6 months.. Isn't it ??? How easy in country extension ??!
The questions will be

61 HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS?
there is no currency mentioned here so you have to specify how much in which currency

62 HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS?
again no currency here so you have to specify

63 WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP IN GBP(£)?
they mention currency £ here so answer should be in £ so i.e what they will pay

64 THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP
Again no mention of currency (should be less than what they have or ECO not satisfied how they will survive upon return)

65 THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS
Again no mention of currency so specify £ or whatever currency

66 THE COST OF YOUR ACCOMMODATION
nothing about currency heree too (£0 for them as you will be paying)

67 THE COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES
Neither here £0 as you'll be paying

68 IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP?
YES (Part is paid by you..)

69 WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT IN GBP(£)?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:32 pm

janinah wrote:Another thing,

There is a question in the application form that name of the person paying for your uk trip.... Should my name will be mentioned there ?? Confused... As i am not paying anything for their trip except they will stay with us at our home...will it count me as paying person ??
Never seen this..what form link please!

If they are staying at your place then you are paying for living expenses and also accomodating them i.e accomodation

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Even if you apply 2 week visa you will get 6 Months but then ECO will question the longer than proposed stay upon subsequent visa application.

Irfang999
Newly Registered

I need help visit visa original documents returned at Vfs ce

Post by Irfang999 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Is pincer visit visa for my wife and send her all original documents but at Vfs office Lahore Pakistan she was told to make copy of and each document and send only copies keep originals she kept marriage certificate original my bank statement and p60 bills and gave her just copies of these documents I m worried what will happen kindly help me? Is it ok or we gone be lose visa ???any suggestion what should I do now plz help in big trouble

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:30 pm

terriblescream wrote:

The questions will be

there is no currency mentioned here so you have to specify how much in which currency

62 HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS?

Again no mention of currency (should be less than what they have or ECO not satisfied how they will survive upon return)

Thanks again for the top reply Man....
Is there link of the form ??
And, for the living expense can they put their name and only for accomodation place my name ??.. I want to keep myself as low as possible in relation to financial requirement for their visa application...

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi janinah,

Did you get the visa for your parents ?

I am pretty much in the same boat, and as there is not much guidance around ,on the standard visitor visa thing, in a rather difficult position. The questions I have are,
1. I am applying for both my parents and also my English Teacher and his wife to visit me ( they are very close to me). But it looks like on the online application I have to submit a separate application for each of these 4 people. So when it comes to providing the originals of my employment letter etc, do I just include the original in one application and cross reference it ? The Guidance mentions not to include multiple copies if you are applying a s family/group but I can't see an option to apply as a group, in the online form.

2.DO Ii need to provide letter from Landlord ? I am ken to get the application in and don't want to be wasting anymore time ,as I would like them to come late August at the latest ( and I understand the visa processing can take up to 8 week ?)- How long did your take?

If janinah ( or anybody ) can share their thoughts/experiences , it will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 pm

janinah wrote:
terriblescream wrote:

The questions will be

Thanks again for the top reply Man....
Is there link of the form ??
And, for the living expense can they put their name and only for accomodation place my name ??.. I want to keep myself as low as possible in relation to financial requirement for their visa application...
No link you have to create an account and login to apply and you'll get the questions.. there maybe paper copy but most of countries are apply online now

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:41 pm

ratapita wrote:Hi janinah,

I am pretty much in the same boat, and as there is not much guidance around ,on the standard visitor visa thing, in a rather difficult position. The questions I have are,
1. I am applying for both my parents and also my English Teacher and his wife to visit me ( they are very close to me). But it looks like on the online application I have to submit a separate application for each of these 4 people. So when it comes to providing the originals of my employment letter etc, do I just include the original in one application and cross reference it ? The Guidance mentions not to include multiple copies if you are applying a s family/group but I can't see an option to apply as a group, in the online form.

2.DO Ii need to provide letter from Landlord ? I am ken to get the application in and don't want to be wasting anymore time ,as I would like them to come late August at the latest ( and I understand the visa processing can take up to 8 week ?)- How long did your take?

If janinah ( or anybody ) can share their thoughts/experiences , it will be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Multiple copies not required. Submit separate copy however applications should visit VAC together and appointments next to each other with going to the counter at the same time.

2. No letter required from Landlord if you can provide other evidence of accomodation however getting one will do no harm

ratapita

Post by ratapita » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:29 pm

terriblescream wrote:
ratapita wrote:Hi janinah,

Thanks!
Multiple copies not required. Submit separate copy however applications should visit VAC together and appointments next to each other with going to the counter at the same time.

2. No letter required from Landlord if you can provide other evidence of accomodation however getting one will do no harm
Thanks a lot for the response. your help is much appreciated !