ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP for my husband to LIVE in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

avecica
Newly Registered

EEA FP for my husband to LIVE in the UK

Post by avecica » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Dear everyone,

I am hungarian, EEA national. I currently live and work in London since 12th September 2016.My husband is Japanese, we got married recently (31st August 2016) in Japan. We would like to apply for him for an EEA family permit to join me in London but not for visiting, we want to settle down here for 5 years.
We have all the original documents listed below translated to english:
- Marriage certificate
- His original passport
- My passport copy
- My original hungarian ID
- My work statemant
- My pay slip (only 1 month as I have only got 1 so far)
- My house renting contract
- His bank statemant

He applies online. On the 'other informations' we intend to write this:

As the spouse of an European citizen, I wish to exercise my right of free movement and residency. My name is (NAME). I am a Japanese national and I apply for an EEA Family Permit to enter the UK to join my wife (NAME) Hungarian national, who currently lives and works in London.
I have first met (NAME) on the 17th November in 2014 in Doha, Qatar. That time we both worked for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Doha and from colleagues we became friends. We began our relationship on the 1st February 2015 and moved together in June. One year later (2nd August 2016) I proposed her on her birthday and we have recently got married in Japan on the 31st August 2016.
My wife applied for a better position in London within the same company. When she was accepted she travelled to the UK. We keep in contact via Skype on a daily basis. She started to work on the 12th September 2016. She is currently employed in a full time, permanent role with xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the position of xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Therefore she is able to maintain and accomodate herself in the UK.
I am very much looking forward to join her in London and live together as a family. We intend to live in London for 5 years at our common accomodation. As a xxxxxxxxx in xxxxxxxxxxx, I have savings to cover my trip to the UK and to pay for my living expeses. I wish to continue my career at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx London where I worked for 2 years before (DATE)

Please let me know what else do we need. For example invitation letter from me?
Thank you in advance
Last edited by avecica on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Re: EEA FP for my husband to LIVE in the UK

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Suggest submit evidence of relationship and nuptials above and beyond marriage certificate.

Any non-English documents to be officially translated (into English).

Be aware UK may not still be part of EU in 5 years time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.