ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU residence permit holder needs visa for UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noz03

EU residence permit holder needs visa for UK?

Post by Noz03 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:14 am

I am a UK citizen and my wife is Turkish, we both live together in Germany and she has a 2 year German EU residence permit. As far as I know this means she has all the rights of free movement and can visit the UK for a short holiday, am I right?

Noz03

Re: EU residence permit holder needs visa for UK?

Post by Noz03 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:41 am

I am really going crazy on this.... It's been one week now, I have spent hours and hours and hours searching for information, contacted several offices who either didn't know or didn't want to help... The tickets we planned to book are now almost double the price and I am still where I started. I actually think it might have been worth to just show up and see what happens.... Would have wasted less of my time than this has so far :(

If anyone has any suggestion for me please let me know. Right now I am just angry and frustrated and don't know what to do :(

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: EU residence permit holder needs visa for UK?

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler