ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of funds for Ancestry Visa - bank statement query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajackett
Newly Registered

Evidence of funds for Ancestry Visa - bank statement query

Post by ajackett » Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi there,

I apologise in advance for this topic, as I am sure there are a large number of topics in relation to bank statements needed for application of visa's. However, I searched but could not find a topic which answered my query, so I'm hoping to get some assistance.

I bank in Australia with Citibank, and for some reason they do not provide original bank statements. They have online statements which are basic black and white with no letterhead, and when I requested a paper copy to be sent, I just got the "online statement" which I had already printed.

I phoned them and asked what my options were, as I thought I need something more official. They said these could be the following 2 options:

1. They could customise my statement so they are put on a letterhead and faxed to me - I need them within 5 days to send and previously it takes up to 2 weeks to send info to me.

2. Check if one of the bank managers at a branch can "bank stamp" the bank statements that I have to verify the balance in the account.

The thing is that I clearly have enough money (about $30,000AUD) but it's just a matter of making sure the documents satisfy the visa office.

Would love to hear of some past experience with regards to bank statements, and any advice.

Cheers

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Can you not go into a branch and ask them to print off your statements and put them on a letterhead?

ajackett
Newly Registered

Post by ajackett » Fri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm

mulderpf wrote:Can you not go into a branch and ask them to print off your statements and put them on a letterhead?
Well that's ideally the case, but there's only about 5 branches in Australia, and talking to the rep on the phone he's not sure that they can print off the statements for me there. I think that's weird, but hopefully they can!

What is the general requirement for bank statements for visas? I'm hoping to get it as official and original as I can but doesn't seem like citibank want to help too much. Also, there are no branches in my state so I have to wait until I go to Melbourne to have my biometrics to check the branch.

ajackett
Newly Registered

Post by ajackett » Sat May 14, 2011 2:29 am

Further to my previous posts, I just read this from an email request I had previously put in for the statements from Citibank.

"Further to your enquiry, please note that our branches will be unable to
produce copy of your statements."

"We'd like to be able to assist you, but we are unable to produce
statement copies with bank stamp."

Anyone with any advice?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat May 14, 2011 4:47 am

you may have to wait for the faxed statement and then send the copy of the email on your previous post to explain why you do not have original statements. If necessary they can call the bank and check if it is genuine
pennyless

ajackett
Newly Registered

Post by ajackett » Sun May 15, 2011 3:08 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:you may have to wait for the faxed statement and then send the copy of the email on your previous post to explain why you do not have original statements. If necessary they can call the bank and check if it is genuine
For such a large bank, Citibank do seem to run a very bad service. Less than 10 branches in Australia, no bank stamps at the tellers, and no way of accessing original bank statements. The ones sent to me are just plain black and white, and they have lots of details on them but looks just like they're printed off a home computer. Don't have that "original, official" feel to them.

I think I will just have to phone the branch in Melbourne tomorrow to see if they can write me an official letter to verify my accounts.

I'm thinking of submitting this for my bank check:

1. Jan - Apr 2011 pdf statements

2. ING Direct original, stamped statements Jan - Mar 2011 (now closed) showing money transferred to Citibank account.

3. Spreadsheet explaining all Citibank transactions over $1000 from Jan - Apr.

If I can obtain these, I will also include:

1. Bank letter from Citibank branch manager verifying account details. Unsure on this as it doesn't seem like they can produce much in these branches... but surely a letter can be done?!? I will get signatures on printed bank statements, but no bank stamp.

2. Westpac ATM receipt stamped by bank teller - in relation to my Citibank account (no citibank branches in Tassie, and Citibank/Westpac have an ATM relationship).

Surely, most if not all of that would be enough to provide evidence of funds...???

Maybe I am just stressing too much but I just don't want this to ruin my visa application.

ajackett
Newly Registered

Post by ajackett » Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 am

So I've just got off the phone to Citibank.

The branch manager is not able to provide me with a signed bank letter as these are produced out of a separate head office.

I am getting them to fax me a letter, saying that the 4 statements are authentic, and I have requested them to send me an original mailed copy also. Will the fax (on yellow paper) be ok?

Also, I have read that the supporting documents are required to be sent within 10 days of your biometrics appointment (for Ancestry Visa). Is this correct?