ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence required for 'other names'

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

congomalkia
Newly Registered

evidence required for 'other names'

Post by congomalkia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:52 pm

My husband is hoping to apply for ILR at the end of March (he's currently on a spouse visa). He legally changed his name about 18 years ago back in his home country and we have all the legal documents proving it (in French). My question is, whilst we have to acknowledge his previous name on the application form, do we need to provide any evidence? The supporting evidence guidance doesn't mention anything about this. If we do need to provide the legal documents do we need an official translation (i.e. signed etc. by a translator)? Many thanks for any advice you can provide.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: evidence required for 'other names'

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 pm

does it ask on ilr form to provide these details ?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>