ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa - Please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

applyforILR

Family Visitor Visa - Please advice

Post by applyforILR » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi members,

I am pregnant and due in Jan 2015. I am applying for family visitor visa for my parents. I have booked their tickets for december and return tickets in March. Following is the list of documents they will be providing:
- bank statements (showing around £25K in both their accounts)
- Property papers in name of my father
- return air tickets

My documents:
- last 3 payslips
- bank statements
- rent agreement copy and council tax copy.
- MAT B1 form copy
- Invitation letter from me

My queries are:
- my mom recently sold a flat in her name and deposited the money in her account. I have mentioned this in the application form so that the british high commission doesnt think that she is trying to hide it. Did i do the right thing?or will it result in refusal?
- my account where i get my salary doesnt have much money in it. But another account i have has ISA savings of around £20K. Should i show statements of both accounts or just the ISA one? Also should i show my husband's bank statements as well? I would be on maternity leave from Jan and will not be recieving any salary. Do they consider this while making decision?
- should i include my husband's name in invitation letter or some other letter to show he doesnt have objection in my parents staying over at our flat?
- Any additional docs ??

An early reply will really help. The appointment is for next week.

Thanks in advance.
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 04-07-2015
Date money gone off account: 16-07-2015
letter requesting biometrics: 03-09-2015 (dated 28-08-2015)
biometrics done: 15-09-2015
Approval :10-10-2015 ( dated 01-10-2015)

applyforILR

Re: Family Visitor Visa - Please advice

Post by applyforILR » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 am

Any answers please?
Method of application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 04-07-2015
Date money gone off account: 16-07-2015
letter requesting biometrics: 03-09-2015 (dated 28-08-2015)
biometrics done: 15-09-2015
Approval :10-10-2015 ( dated 01-10-2015)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 am

- my mom recently sold a flat in her name and deposited the money in her account. I have mentioned this in the application form so that the british high commission doesnt think that she is trying to hide it. Did i do the right thing?or will it result in refusal?
You've done the right thing - Include evidence of the property sale (legal docs etc)
- my account where i get my salary doesnt have much money in it. But another account i have has ISA savings of around £20K. Should i show statements of both accounts or just the ISA one? Also should i show my husband's bank statements as well? I would be on maternity leave from Jan and will not be recieving any salary. Do they consider this while making decision?
If you are saying in the application that you, alone, will be sponsoring her - then yes, they'll consider that you're on maternity. If you are saying that your husband and you will jointly sponsor her - then they'll need evidence of his income.

Work this way - if you assert something in the application - provide evidence of it. So if you say 'I have an income of X' - provide the bank statements and payslips to prove it. If you say you have savings of Y - provide the bank statements to show it.
- should i include my husband's name in invitation letter or some other letter to show he doesnt have objection in my parents staying over at our flat?
Ideally - yes
- Any additional docs ??
Only you know what you've asserted in the application and thus what evidence you have to provide.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:23 am

also to add

1. I wouldn't include MAT B1 copy or any maternity documents or any such reference. Purpose of trip - just family visit, holiday & tourism is sufficient for the application.

2. For such family visits, joint sponsorship and joint supporting documents are always beneficial.

3. Applicants (your parents) should also include documents in support of their financial ties in the home country (e.g. if employed, proof of emplyoment/monthly income; if businessman - summary fo business accounts; if retired - proof of pensions/ social benefits etc).