ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

angelloveguy

Family visitor visa refused

Post by angelloveguy » Wed May 23, 2012 12:56 pm

My friends Parents applied for Family visitor visa in Pakistan but refused, as my friend wife is expecting a baby very soon he sponsored his parents and in his sponsorship letter he mentioned that he will bear all expenses including boarding and living in London. my friend showed £9000 in his account as he is working in a good accountancy firm and he earns £3500 before tax per month.

but his parents were refused visa even they showed 3 properties in karachi and company shares they own. His father is a retired person and most of the income come from his pension and giving by his 4 sons.

the reason given is not enough person income in his bank account.

can anyone help should he go for appeal???

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 23, 2012 12:59 pm

It would help if you posted the precise wording of the refusal notice.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed May 23, 2012 1:39 pm

The refusal letter states:

" You have said that Your son XYZ will help you with this visit by paying for your maintenance and accomodation whist you are in the united kingdom and i am satisfied that he is in a position to do so. But whilst I take that into acocunt in assessing your propsed maintenance and accomodation in the UK, that is only one aspect of the visitor rules and this sponship does not satisfy me of your own inteneiton to leave the UK on completion of your visit.

In your application you have stted that you earn 80000 PKR(£547) per month from all sources and are retired. you have submitted property documents whilst these confer ownership they do not show how much income is generated from rental. the property documents, considered in isolation without any corroborating evidence means it has little evidential value when assessing your claimed income. I am not satisfied that the documents provided give satisfactory evidence of your income.

Given all of the above i am not satisfied that your cirumstances are as you have indicated, or on your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom now. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor or that you have intend to leave the United kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as sated by your. 41(i)(ii)

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you have meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragaph(s) of the united immigration Rules. "

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm

His income is clearly (and overwhelmingly for PK) sufficient but there seems to be no proof of this income so it has not been considered. Does he not bank his rental income?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I cant understand what the applicants income has to do with refusal.The ECO accepts that sponsor has sufficient to pay for all applicants cost during his stay in the UK, so the excuse teh ECO has used in refusing application is lame.

Personally I don't think the ECO believes the applicant will return home after visit and has used above excuse which in my opinion is not justifiable.

This unfortunately is quite common reasons for refusal in Pakistan and I think it will be overturned on appeal, that is providing the sponsor wishes to pursue it that further.

For this reason, I would show as much incentives for applicant to return home. This may include family, land,property, pensions etc

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 pm

In Pakistan and specially in Karachi no one takes a risk to take cash into Bank account or Withdraw large amount of money from Bank account. mostly cash handling and my friend have 4 brothers and a joint family system so all the money come into father and mothers hand.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed May 23, 2012 9:19 pm

My friend has also confirmed that his fathers submitted three Properties documents and shops which he owns and mentioned that they have 3 sons and 2 daughters living with all other close family members in karachi.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 23, 2012 9:47 pm

batleykhan wrote:The ECO accepts that sponsor has sufficient to pay for all applicants cost during his stay in the UK
[...]
Personally I don't think the ECO believes the applicant will return home after visit
The ECO has actually said that returnability is the reason for the refusal in the refusal notice so the sponsor's financial situation is not an issue.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I think appeal is the best option but what points should he raised in appeal.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Ties to homeland that will motivate return after the visit; rather than abandon all of that to remain in the UK. The UK sponsor's wealth and ability to provide maintenance for the visit is irrelevant and it is not being questioned.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu May 24, 2012 3:50 am

How to contact and raise this issues with the ECO/ECM. have any one got any contact eamil address for ECO/ECM for Abu Dhabi.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 am

You raise issues by appealing. Generally, the visa post does not enter into individual dialogue about a particular decision. The first part of the appeal process will be the ECM review which will look for any errors in the original decision.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu May 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Postal or Oral?? which type of hearing is best as applicant is in Pakistan. what are the chances to win appeal in Postal hearing??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Postal or oral is your choice based on your circumstances and understanding of the procedure. If you don't know what to do or what is best then please seek professional assistance. It's not possible to predict the chances of winning an appeal based on what you have stated and not knowing what you intend to do to address the reason for the refusal.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 pm

My friend approached few Solicitors and you would be surprised to know that they are asking £1200 minimum to launch appeal against the decision.

Now I believe if he will get some help from here so he may launch his appeal without these expensive solicitors.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm not surprised at all as that would be well within the going rate (if it includes preparation, lodging the appeal and representation at the FTT)

How do you expect help here when that has been no real information given and what has been given is hearsay from you, a friend?

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri May 25, 2012 10:41 pm

so what information you think is required to launch appeal???

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 am

angelloveguy wrote:so what information you think is required to launch appeal???
Information from the actual people involved in the case, rather than from you. None of us know what is necessary as none of us know the precise circumstances. I don't think it's worthwhile making guesses based on your vague input. That would probably only make matters worse by adding confusion and misdirection to the situation.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 pm

I have suggested my friend to re-apply and produce as much as possible Proof which can support your fathers bound to the home country and produce proof of all his income too.

dear.pandora
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa refused

Post by dear.pandora » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi

My sister and brother in law recently applied for a UK visitor visa ( family visit) for a short vacation of two weeks at the chennai british high commision and her application was refused with no room to reappeal.

My dad is a british citizen and he had provided the necessary documents and a sponsor letter, my sis and my bil are both academically qualified and are in higher positions in their respective careers. They have provided employment letters ( wch clearly states that they both have to resume work after the short vacation) and bank statements, financial records etc.

Also she has been awarded a full scolarship to commence her Masters degree in a university in japan and will be joining the program in september, the relevant letters from the university has also been attached as a part of the application.

However, the ECO has made a blunder in her refusal letter stating that shes applying to visit her in laws, the mistake is continued through out the letter, and also the reason for refusal is that they are not convinced they both will be returning back to srilanka after the vacation. Its quite something to make such a big mistake and mix up relationships yet along refuse for reasons that are not legit. ( cos the reasons for their return was clearly mentioned and documents to support the application was provided as well.

We are quite unsure and are clueless as to what should be done now, as she is not even allowed to re appeal, isnt the EOC clearly in mistake and shudnt that be made clear to the british high commisiion? Also are there any ways in which she and her husband could be granted the visa or atleast inquire about these inaccuracies made by the ECO and demand a reviewing of their application? We are really unconvinced of the way the application was handled and therefore any advice help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

( part of the refusal letter has bn attached for reference)
Attachments
2015-07-03-23-20-54_deco.jpg
2015-07-03-23-20-54_deco.jpg (225.33 KiB) Viewed 2387 times

Samsam17
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa refused

Post by Samsam17 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:39 am

Can some one help my brother in law visit vis was refused cause he didn't disclose that his sister was in UK on asylum which he was unaware of as he has no ties with her the visa was refused under V3.6 b that's all but it also said that cause it was refused under V3.6 any future application MAY be refused under V3.7a which attracts a 20 year ban does this mean he has been banned to re apply of not can't understand wording