ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa - Sponser Original Documents?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ekta

Family Visitor Visa - Sponser Original Documents?

Post by ekta » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi All

Please could you advise if sponser'sORIGINAL documents are needed to apply for family visitor visa from India?

I am on ILR and sponsering my mom to travel to UK on family visitor visa. Can I send my scanned copy of Invitation letter, pay slips, bank statements, passport, BRP...documents?
She doesn't have enough of her documents as she is a house wife so I'll be sponsering her trip completely, can I send scanned copy of my documents or if Originals are needed?

Please advise.

Many Thanks
Ekta

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:36 am

Though it depends from on case to another..

but personally i suggest to send below documents original
=> payslips
=> invitation letter
=> bank statements
=>employment letter

below documents can be scanned and duplicates are fine to be submitted.
=> sponser passport and visa , BRP card

ekta

Post by ekta » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks vij_sp_1980 for your reply.

I am self employed, can somebody advise what all documents required to show finances? I have following -

1. Payslips
2. Dividend Vouchers
3. Personal bank statements
4. Business bank statements

Do I need accountant letter as well? Is it really required? Please can somebody reply? An early reponse will be appreciated, I am about to send my documents to India.

Thanks
Ekta

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 pm

It is advisable to send your last years accounts,rather than a letter from your accountants, along with the documents you have outlined.

In most cases the ECO basis his decision on the evidence /incentives the applicant shows that they will return to their homeland after visit, rather than what the sponsor provides.

VAL16
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa - Sponser Original Documents?

Post by VAL16 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 am

Please submit original documents only. They reject the application if you submit scan copies. My application was rejected as I submitted a scanned copy of bank statement.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:30 am

VAL16 wrote:Please submit original documents only. They reject the application if you submit scan copies. My application was rejected as I submitted a scanned copy of bank statement.
Hi Val16 , was it the reason given for the rejection ? stating "Photocopy of Bank statement" ? Gurus , please advice, am planning to send all scanned copies to bring my parents (this is their second visit after 4 years). If originals then postal/courier charges are huge and never can guarantee the delivery too :-(

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:10 pm

In the guidence for Family Visit visa - its given as
You must also supply evidence of their immigration status in the UK demonstrating that they are permanently settled or have asylum/humanitarian status in the UK this could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passports
 valid visa or immigration stamp from their passport
 Home Office letter or Residence Permit confirming permission to stay in the UK
COPIES .... but not mentioning about sponsor letter or Bank statements or Accomadation proof etc ... :-(

fazal7878
Newly Registered

Post by fazal7878 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:47 pm

DHL the originals they need original . You have to prove that she is dependent on you and there is no one else to take care of her . this category requires this other wise let her apply visitor visa . If you want to settle her in UK with you than family visitor visa . You have to show lots of proofs my friend .

sriram.grk
Newly Registered

Post by sriram.grk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:09 am

I just applied for my parents general visitor.
After lot of research on the we. i summarised.

main thing u need to for them is socio/economic ties with home land. And that covers hell a lot of things.
may you start looking in this direction.
1) u need to show some assets/property on her/your name.
2) U need to identify see how you can prove social ties with home land.

sriram.grk
Newly Registered

Post by sriram.grk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 am

Also, I sent my original docs from UK to India using courierpoint. Its £18 and delivered my docs in 3 days.
my be you can explore that.

hyounis
Newly Registered

Post by hyounis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 am

I recently sponsored my relatives in Pakistan and I sent all photocopies of my documents excluding the letter of invitation which I typed up and signed. Although the Visa was refused on a few errors from the Applicants side the entry clearance officer noted in the refusal letter that he was satisfied with the documents I submitted.

So you can submit all photcopies of your sponsor documents.

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:02 pm

I have a question reg. accommodation.
I live in a 2bed and we are with a child. If I have submit that my parents stay in the same flat, will it be sufficient to requirements of UKBA?
please help

akash999
Newly Registered

Post by akash999 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:39 am

krisVisa wrote:I have a question reg. accommodation.
I live in a 2bed and we are with a child. If I have submit that my parents stay in the same flat, will it be sufficient to requirements of UKBA?
please help
Hi if you have 2 bedroom flat with living room then yes they can stay in the same flat.

Najia76
Newly Registered

Post by Najia76 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:21 am

Hi ,I have the same query ,I am on tier 2 general d have 2 kids d 2 ed room flat ,I want to invite my mother d father in law ,Am I suppose to show to them that I have 2 bed room flat ,do I need NOC from the owner of the flat will this 2 bedroom flat will be enough to them .If not then can I attach a document of some other property that my in law will be living there .
Kindly reply as I really need them to come d I want to apply soon .

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Scanned copies alone should suffice
My Bank Statements were PDF exports from the Bank's website
My payslips were also PDF exports
I have not posted a single document to the applicant. The applicant's visa was granted.
The key is the applicant need to display Financial stability and close ties with home country in addition to your finances
Any large bank deposits may need to be well explained with documentation.
A 2 bed flat should suffice. NOC from landlord not required
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.