ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FEB-2016 PEO Appointments

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dante32

Re: FEB-2016 PEO Appointments

Post by Dante32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Yes, but when you book an appointment, it then comes up with an error message and does not go to completion.

Has anyone been able to complete a booking this afternoon?

trigger
Newly Registered

Post by trigger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Dante32-

Sorry, silly question, but which of the following appointment booking links are you using?

https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

or

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

Dante32

Post by Dante32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:36 pm

The top one.

trigger
Newly Registered

Post by trigger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Don't take my word as gospel, but I was doing the same (using https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk to book an appointment) before noting the following on the log-in page:

"To log in to your account, please enter your user name and password.
All services are now at http://www.gov.uk
This service will be decommissioned on 26 February, closing all accounts
."

I called the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre (0300 123 2241), and had to have a representative tell me explicitly that I should be using the second link (in my previous post) instead. I explained that I had registered and paid the IHS via the first link previously, to which I was told that I would have to register via the second link, pay the IHS again and book an appointment that way. I will have to apply for a refund to the first IHS payment when I attend the PSC appointment.

Hope this helps.

Dante32

Post by Dante32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Why is nothing ever easy.

I have just gone through the top link and it worked. Payment made and appointment set, so I can presume that everything is ok..?

Question as it is confusing. It asked how many dependants my wife had attending and the answer was clearly none as my daughter is British (as am I).

However, it now says that only 1 person is attending the appointment, but I also want to go in. is there going to be an issue or will they also let me in as the spouse of the applicant?

trigger
Newly Registered

Post by trigger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 pm

I can sympathise, I wasn't best pleased when I realised that I would have to pay the IHS a second time and then apply for a refund.

If you have accessed via the first link, and your payment has been taken and the appointment booked, I would suggest keeping the appointment booking confirmation safe as it should contain the PSC details, dates and times (as well as a booking reference number). If in doubt, you may be able to call the contact centre and have them confirm that your appointment shows up on their system. I am not sure if this will work, but you have nothing to lose and it is not as though you are asking them to book an appointment for you.

Regarding your other query, as far as I am aware, your wife is the main applicant with no dependents. Therefore, she would be the "1" person attending the appointment, and you should be able to attend the appointment as well as you are the spouse, but you have no bearing on the application.

This is just how I read the situation, I am sure someone else can point out if I am wrong.

trigger
Newly Registered

Post by trigger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Regarding your second query, I might as well reference my source, scroll down to the middle of the page:

"Who should come with you

Any dependants named on your application must come with you to your appointment.

You can also bring any other people you need at your appointment, eg carers, family members or legal representatives."

Hope this helps.

Dante32

Post by Dante32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks Trigger for the confirmation re spouse attendance.

I note that it says on the website -

This service will be decommissioned on 26 February, closing all accounts.
If you have a Premium Service appointment please attend as normal.

I have received a very official UK visas & Immigration application payment sheet with all my wife's details and a PNN at the bottom of the sheet which appears to be important.

As far as I can tell I have paid and all is in order, but you have me a little concerned now Trigger and I will call tomorrow morning. Surely, I do not have to apply through the other link and pay for everything a second time?

trigger
Newly Registered

Post by trigger » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Apologies, I certainly did not mean to create any confusion for yourself. I am sure your appointment has been booked and will be "honoured" and that you will not be required to rebook and repay. I was merely recounting my own experience.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Dante32

Post by Dante32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:43 pm

No need to apologise Trigger. At least you pointed it out to me.

Another thing to worry about tonight and then hopefully tomorrow they will tell me that all is in order.

Happy to hear anyone else's thoughts. I will update you all post the call tomorrow.

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Guys,

Anyone manage to book any slots in March?

Regards,
SD

ashafqat2

Post by ashafqat2 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:36 pm

I booked my appointment for 5th March

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:49 pm

ashafqat2 wrote:I booked my appointment for 5th March
Thanks ashafqat2. At the time of booking, did you also see any dates for the March 2nd week? Were the dates easily available?

Many thanks for your time.

ashafqat2

Post by ashafqat2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 am

Lots of appointment available for first week, not sure about second week of March

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:16 pm

ashafqat2 wrote:Lots of appointment available for first week, not sure about second week of March
Thanks ashafqat2. Just a quick question? In case I don't see any appointments available for 2nd week of March, can I simply go ahead with 1st week of March and later reschedule to 2nd week of March.

Is that simple enough, hope I don't have to repay the IHS surcharge again, right?

Another question I have is if I cancel my appointment at the right time, the refund includes both the appointment fee and the IHS surcharge, right? There is no separate refund process for IHS.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
SD

ashafqat2

Post by ashafqat2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm

You can change or cancel your appointment until 24 hours before your booking.

According to the Home office website

Your appointment may be cancelled and you won’t get a refund of the £100 booking fee if you:
*applied to use the service but weren’t eligible
*didn’t bring the right documents or a completed application form
*cancelled your appointment too late - unless there were exceptional circumstances, eg a medical emergency or severe weather
*didn’t pay the healthcare surcharge (or didn’t pay the right amount) and you weren’t exempt from paying

I suggest you wait for at least one more week

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

Just thought of keeping this thread up to date - plenty of date and slots available for March 2nd Week!

Regards,
SD