ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First name not appearing in UK visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MVR
Newly Registered

First name not appearing in UK visitor visa

Post by MVR » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: First name not appearing in UK visa

I, X Y Z had applied for a tourist visa to the UK and have received the same today. While reviewing my visa, I notice that my first name is missing from the name section and only mentions my surname (Y Z). We plan to travel later this week and wanted to make sure that this does not have an impact on the same. Can you confirm if this is fine and will not cause any issues for my travel. I would like to confirm that my photograph and other details seem correct.

I am attaching a copy of the visa for your reference.

Thanking you,
MVR
Last edited by MVR on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: First name not appearing in UK visitor visa

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Please remove your identity credentials from this public forum.

You can email ukvi with this query through their email service which is free of charge:

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

IMHO as your full name is too many characters to fit in, I believe the visa shows surname/second names/s