ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) Private life 10 years route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Afd_48
Newly Registered

FLR (FP) Private life 10 years route

Post by Afd_48 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Hello there guys, I'm a new member to this site and been visiting it recently and it seems helpful and I would like some advice and would like to hear your views.

I entered the UK as a 10 year old and now I'm 18. I entered the UK on dependent visa on behalf my parents and they continued to stay on FLR for a longer period however as it was refused later on my family applied on basis of human rights article 8 however later that was refused by HO aswell. I only became aware recently that my parents could have applied for FLR (FP) on behalf of me spending 7 years in the UK as a child under immigration rule 276ade as i was under 18 at the time unfortunately they failed to apply on time and now I'm currently 18 years old.

I have been advised to look into the private life route which outlines an individual over 18 that has spent less than 20 years in UK and has strong ties in UK can apply for that route. I think I qualify for this route as I have strong ties in UK and well adapted to the British life and have no family whatsoever back in home country. I would really appreciate if anyone can advice me if its worth applying?

Melrose321
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (FP) Private life 10 years route

Post by Melrose321 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Hello!

I was in the same situation as you, and like you my initial application refused because my solicitor didn't look very closely into this route. I personally think you should wait until you are 20-21 years old and get on the "lived at least half your life in uk" route. The HO is likely to refuse you under the less 20 years old route because they are going to still say you have ties due to the fact that you have live longer in your home country. It's a scary and daunting experience but you will make it. Once youre on this this route you just need to keep re-applying every week 2.5 years.

Try to keep the faith or whatever you believe in..this paragraph was put in place to help the children and young adults like you legalise their stay.

Best wishes, and good luck!