ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: FLR FP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mairyk10

Re: FLR FP

Post by mairyk10 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 pm

hi guys
i am new comer to this post. I really appreciate everyone efforts that you are putting into. you guys are doing a brilliant job. i need some help too. i am british citizen and we have for my partner discreationary leave 10years route with a british born child who is now 6 months old. we have applied in january 2016 and today we have received email for interview. so i am a bit worried that why they have invite both of us for interview. he ws overstayed for 17th months before we get married through islamic marriage. so i want to know what could be the reason for interview and what sort of questions are they going to ask??? need help
many thanks

mairyk10

FLR (FP)

Post by mairyk10 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:02 pm

HI GUYS
I need some help. What sort of question can the Home office ask in FLR(FP) discretionary leave to remain? any advice....?

many thanks

Casa

Re: FLR (FP)

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 pm

marwakhanzaman wrote:HI GUYS
I need some help. What sort of question can the Home office ask in FLR(FP) discretionary leave to remain? any advice....?

many thanks
Patience! Members are only now travelling home from work...having dinner with family etc. The interview is probably to determine whether your relationship is genuine. I assume as you mention an Islamic marriage that this isn't legally registered in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Casa wrote:

many thanks
Patience! Members are only now travelling home from work...having dinner with family etc. The interview is probably to determine whether your relationship is genuine. I assume as you mention an Islamic marriage that this isn't legally registered in the UK.

yeah exactly. Thank you. Don't you have any info inregards to my question??

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:47 pm

I've already commented on what I believe the interview may be for. No one can confirm for sure why you both need to be interviewed, or what questions you'll be asked.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:18 pm

Casa wrote:I've already commented on what I believe the interview may be for. No one can confirm for sure why you both need to be interviewed, or what questions you'll be asked.

Correct. thank you

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:31 pm

marwakhanzaman wrote:
Casa wrote:

yeah exactly. Thank you. Don't you have any info inregards to my question??

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Casa wrote:I've already commented on what I believe the interview may be for. No one can confirm for sure why you both need to be interviewed, or what questions you'll be asked.
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:05 pm

While I can not speak with certainty, given the description of the case, I would have thought it was fairly obvious as to why the UKV&I called both of you for an interview.

As the two of you are not married in the eyes of the law, from the UKV&I point of view, you are an illegally overstaying boyfriend and girlfriend living together. To consider granting the FLR(FP) application, they would want to see how durable the relationship is. As there are two parties to this relationship, they would want to interview the two separately and verify that their stories tally (to make sure that a relationship has actually existed).

Remember that having a British child is no guarantee to having a successful FLR(FP) application. You must also prove that it is unreasonable for the child to leave the UK. As the child is only 6 months old, I would imagine that that is difficult, as the child would be comfortable growing up in any environment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:44 pm

my query is about self employed...
i have started self employed on 1june 2015 and have received UTR so i dont know that when can i file tax return. any reasonable advice. i dont want to go to accountants as they are very expensive. many thanks

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum, pls I need advice on what to do in my situation. I have 3 children 10,9 and 5 years old respectively. My oldest is now British and we the parents doesn't have any leave to remain. how can me and my husband regularised our stay and what forms to fill? Is it possible for us to do it as a family or as individual. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 11, 2016 12:29 pm

adey2000 wrote:Hi,
I am new to this forum, pls I need advice on what to do in my situation. I have 3 children 10,9 and 5 years old respectively. My oldest is now British and we the parents doesn't have any leave to remain. how can me and my husband regularised our stay and what forms to fill? Is it possible for us to do it as a family or as individual. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thanks.
You high jacked another member's thread which is unfair but also causes confusion. Please start your own thread by clicking on the 'New Topic' on the left hand side of the page.
(Casa, not CR001)

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:58 pm

Sorry. I didn't know but saw where I can enter post later. Pls how can I remove it then. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 11, 2016 1:01 pm

adey2000 wrote:Sorry. I didn't know but saw where I can enter post later. Pls how can I remove it then. Thanks
Don't worry, just leave it and start your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)

mairyk10

Post by mairyk10 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 pm

hi guys
has anyone had any interview for flr fp ???